Cloud Solutions Architect
Kent Based with regular travel
Salary - £80,000 to £85,000 + Employee Rewards Package
A highly technical architect with an AWS, data center infrastructure and data security focus, this pre-sales and product management role will be integral to helping my client develop technical expertise, capacity and market leading ultra-secure solutions within the cloud and managed service space. This role is integral to developing the managed service products and as the solutions team manager, will bring insight and experience to the wider team to grow and thrive. As the first role of this type in the company this is a brilliant opportunity to define and develop the role to play to your strengths and really impact how we grow as an organisation.
Obsessive about client success, in a pre-sales capacity, this role is working in partnership with the sales and technical teams to fully explore and understand client need. Developing and delivering proof-of-concept solutions this role will ensure the right approach is driven by product innovation based upon customer needs.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Owning, devising and developing the managed service products to ensure they are innovative, deliverable and engaging to the market.
- Serving as a technical point of contact in the delivery of AWS infrastructure and providing technical input to the design and implementation of solutions.
- Collaborating across the entire Group to develop a product-oriented mind-set, with a focus on ensuring the right solution is delivered based upon customer needs.
- Driving discussions with senior techs regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Leading the design, development and deployment of solutions in technology, infrastructure, network, and storage.
- Day to day management of the solutions team of two. Supporting their development, knowledge base and growth.
- Being the interface between sales, marketing and tech teams. Juggling different priorities and aims to make sure the client is at the forefront of our approach.
To be Epic at the role you will:
- Have a strong track record of implementing AWS infrastructure services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
- Have large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud.
- Experience managing data centre operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Confident in Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Be able to navigate through ambiguity.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Able to bring people on your journey, visualise your ideas and be clear as to the benefits of your solutions.
- Thrive on developing others.
- Experience with hybrid solutions would be advantageous if not essential, touching on VMware on AWS, AWS Snowball, AWS Direct Connect, AWS Storage Gateway
This position will require us to run a standard DBS and background check, upon successful appointment of this role.
For further information and an in depth discussion the please contact or