Hamble Aerostructures, part of the Aernnova group of companies, are a leading aerostructures organisation specialising in the design, manufacturing and services of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
You will manufacture components in a variety of materials following detailed drawing specifications to produce high quality parts for a variety of aircraft. Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales. The operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications.
Both late shift and night shift available, working the following hours:
- Lates: 14:15-22:30 (Mon-Thu), 12:00-16:00 (Fri)
- Nights: 20:45-06:00 (Mon-Thu)
Applicable shift uplifts will be applied to base salary depending on what shift is worked.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Set and operate machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components,
- Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced,
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision,
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area,
- The applicant must be a good team player flexible and be able to work to tight schedules,
- Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or served a recognised apprenticeship in machining or associated trades,
- Strong experience in operating machining centres,
- Experience with Fanuc and / or Heidenhain controls (Training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls),
- Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3,4 and 5 axis machining centres,
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions,
- Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems,
- Must be prepared to work various shift patterns and overtime as required,
- Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises,
- Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude,
- Working understanding of the 5 S and lean principles,
- Full understanding of engineering drawings,
- Must be able check their own work using standard dimensional checking equipment working towards being an approved operator quality stamp holder,
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture,
- To be able to work with minimal supervision,
- Proven experience of setting and operating multi axis CNC machines; however, training will be provided specific to the machining of composites and the control systems used on the machines,
- A good knowledge of tool setting,
- Ideally experienced in using tapping heads, hand tapping to gauge limits and floating tool holders would be desirable.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required.
What you will get from Hamble Aerostructures
Code of Ethics expresses who Hamble Aerostructures are: A competitive and profitable company that conducts business in an ethical framework of commitment to employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities and institutions.
Hamble Aerostructures actively promotes environmental protection in their designs, considering the environmental impact throughout the product life cycle and through continuous improvement of its products and processes
Benefits of working for Hamble Aerostructures include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant