You will manufacture components in a variety of materials following detailed drawing specifications to produce high quality parts for a variety of aircraft. Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales. The operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications.
Role Specific Duties
Will include but is not limited to:
- Set and operate machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components
- Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area
- The applicant must be a good team player flexible and be able to work to tight schedules.
- Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Strong experience in operating machining centres - Milling and/or Turning
- Experience with Fanuc and / or Heidenhain controls (training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls)
- Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centres
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems
- Must be prepared to work various shift patterns and overtime as required
- Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises
- Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude
- Working understanding of the 5 S and lean principles
- Full understanding of engineering drawings.
- Must be able check their own work using standard dimensional checking equipment working towards being an approved operator quality stamp holder.
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- To be able to work with minimal supervision
- Shift working required
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Proven experience of setting and operating multi axis CNC machines; however, training will be provided specific to the machining of composites and the control systems used on the machines.
- A good knowledge of tool setting.
- Ideally experienced in using tapping heads, hand tapping to gauge limits and floating tool holders would be desirable.
Rates & Shifts
We are open to candidates across either early, late or night shift - with a preference to lates or nights. These contracts have been deemed inside IR35, therefore, only PAYE or UMB contracts available. No set rates. Rates to be agreed on application and will be depending on experience.
- Earlies: 06:00-14:15 (Mon-Thu) and 06:00-12:00 (Fri)
- Lates: 14:15-22:30 (Mon-Thu) and 12:00-18:00 (Fri)
- Nights: 20:55-06:10 (Mon-Thu)