Candidates must hold active SC clearance to be considered for this opportunity.
A position has arisen within the Sales and Marketing organisation for the position of a Commercial & Contracts Manager within the Secure Communications programme line.
You will be joining a commercial team of approx. 10 and a wider programme of 100+.
Reporting directly to the UK Team Lead you will be responsible for managing a range of Contractual and Commercial topics including:
Ongoing Contractual and Commercial Management of a large single source contract with the UK MOD
Providing commercial support to proposals on a large UK contract and future UK MOD and UK HMG bids
As a Commercial & Contracts Manager, your main Missions and Activities will be:
- Ongoing Contractual and Commercial Management of a large single source contract with the UK MOD
- Management of all Commercial and Contractual aspects of allocated contracts including supporting the development of new opportunities and services within a large UK contract
- Providing Commercial support to bids as required
- Lead in the negotiation of a variety of contractual agreements and changes
- Work closely with and manage key stakeholders to deliver profitable commercial solutions ensuring that commercial risks are highlighted and mitigated and required governance is followed
- Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks within the allocated contracts and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly
- Manage existing contracts in accordance with company procedures and contractual requirements, to ensure efficient and accurate performance of commercial activities, change management and prompt payment of invoices
- Responsible for management of the commercial aspects of the applicable bidding process to establish the nature of new requirements, preparation of bid and governance paperwork, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts and agreements
- Develops rapport/relationship with customers to ensure smooth running of existing contracts
- Works flexibly providing support to the wider business as required to provide best in class commercial guidance and management
- Employ Commercial best practice, efficiency and responsiveness within an ethical environment
- Experience in managing UK MOD single source contracts / Competitive Bids and implementing the Single Source Contracting Regulations on those contracts
- Experience of working with the UK MOD on a range of proposals and contracts
- Some experience in preparing and executing winning proposals with sound experience of customer dialogue / negotiation to secure new sales and maximise profitability both within existing contracts and as part of new bids
- Proven rabilityas a self-starter, capable of delivering high quality complex workload with minimum supervision
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence across a range of stakeholders
Education & Training
A business related degree or equivalent is desirable
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.