National Highways have an excellent opportunity for a Construction Assurance Manager to join our Scheme Delivery team in the Midlands region. Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, the Construction Assurance Manager will provide management, coordination, and construction assurance by leading a team of Site Supervisors overseeing H&S compliance of highway major maintenance and minor improvement schemes being delivery by Scheme Delivery Framework, Pavement Delivery Framework, and third-party contractors across the region.
Please note additional and/or unsociable working hours including night working may be required for which there will be paid overtime and/or a nightwork uplift.
This role can be based at any of the following National Highway’s locations: across the Midlands, with locations at Birmingham, Nottingham, Kettering, Telford, Stafford, Worcester, or Warwick.
You will also be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on:
- Management of resources engaged in supervision and inspection of works in accordance with contractual terms, and management and co-ordination of post-completion activities including preparation of the H&S File.
- Assuring the completion of planned works to the required standard including compliance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works (MCHW), and in accordance with the drawings and specification as designed along with identify and manage the rectification of defects and certifying completion of works.
- Verifying contractors comply with HSE Legislation including the CDM Regulations and ensuring the Principal Contractor’s duties under the CDM regulations are properly discharged.
- Verifying temporary traffic management arrangements are designed and implemented in accordance with Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual.
- Identifying and implementing, in consultation with Project Managers and contractors, improvements which eliminate or reduce construction related risks.
- Recommending improvements in the development of related processes and approaches, as well as proactively identifying opportunities for efficiencies in the construction of schemes.
To be successful:
- Experienced in construction supervision of Highway Maintenance or structures related projects.
- Good understanding of site-based processes, relevant legislation, practices and policies for health & safety, environmental and quality management
- Knowledge of DMRB, MCHW, Chapter 8 and CDM Regulations
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is essential.
- Good contractual and commercial awareness with understanding of supply chain contracts and risk management.
A bit about us
- Operations is at the heart of keeping the strategic road network moving and ensuring our customers get the best possible experience when using our roads.
- We address over 39,000 customer enquiries every month, plan and deliver all maintenance activities on the network, drive efficiencies and improvements across our systems and roads, and respond to incidents across 4,500 miles of motorways and major A-roads that we manage. All to make sure National Highways customers have safer, smoother, and more reliable journeys.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact email@example.com quoting reference number #4215