Construction Team Manager
In order to achieve our vision as a business, 'Shaping the skyline, building your future', we are looking for a Construction Team Manager who can bring value to our business.
The Team Manager will not only be responsible for the planning and allocation of work to the estimating team, but will have overall responsibility for the estimating function of the business, ensuring all estimates are prepared in an efficient, commercial and timely manner in accordance with the businesses short and long term strategies.
Ideally, you'll be a strong team leader with a knowledge of the estimating process, and some background in the construction industry.
Our values are what differentiate us as an organisation and what bonds us as a team. We are exceptionally proud of our values and everything we do can be related back to our core value set, this ensures that we all act in a manner that supports our purpose and vision. We want to build innovative, inspirational skylines that secure the future of our employees, customers and stakeholders, without compromising our values.
Our values are: Quality, Sustainable, Consistency, Integrity, Professional, Committed, Innovativeand Safety.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the management & self development of the Estimating Team.
- To achieve the sales figures in line with the targets set by the board of directors and listed as the departmental KPI's.
- To manage the allocation of workload and performance within the department and take appropriate action where necessary to ensure the estimating objectives are delivered inline with the agreed processes and procedures.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all quotations are followed up and market information is input into the CRM system in an efficient and professional manner, inline with the agreed procedures.
- To monitor and review feedback from quotations to be able to asses current market situation, feeding back to the SMT with recommendations for change to ensure we maintain our commercial position and helping develop guidelines for future estimates.
- Accountable for ensuring the estimating team is quoting a sufficient volume of work of all product lines to assist in the delivery of agreed business sales targets.
- To ensure all quotations submitted reflects the most accurate and commercially viable solution for SMD and the customer, whilst maintaining our competitiveness within the market
- To provide leadership for continuous develop and improve within the departments, including delivering any required change.
- To produce KPI report on performance and if necessary take action at a procedural or individual level in order to rectify any non-delivery.
- To develop a complete understanding of the costing process and perform cost analysis where required, including assisting the commercial manager in quarterly reviews of the estimating process and bringing new ideas to the table on how to offer added value.
- Establish and develop close working relationships with our customers, both existing and new.
- Liaise with the Sales Team to discuss sales feedback received from clients and present leads on possible future projects.
Essential Attributes & Experience
- Influencing:The ability to persuade, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach the best outcomes and meet our strategic procurement objectives.
- Commercial awareness:Knowledge of the business, the industry and the wider world
- Problem Solving:Pragmatic approach to problem solving, with the ability to visualize, articulate and solve issues, and provide suitable solutions.
- Relationship Building:Having the interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders: suppliers, customers & colleagues.
- Presentation and Reporting:Ability to present new ideas and solutions in the most suitable format and to influence individuals as a result.
- Continuous Improvement:Regular reviews to ensure processes and procedures are effective at all times, and to achieve and surpass targets against internal and external standards of excellence.
- Focused and Committed:Detail-orientated, hands-on, results-driven, proactive, driven by sense of ownership and urgency.
- Self-directed: With the ability and energy to work independently.
- Planning and Organisation:Ability to organise and manage daily tasks effectively to ensure the on-time delivery of agreed goals.
Essential Training and Skills
- Full, Clean, UK Driving Licence
- 5+ Years Experience in a similar role
- Resilient and thick skinned
- Great at talking to people and able to build relationships
- Ability to influence others
- Communication Skills
- Management Skills
- Self-directed and Self Motivated with excellent time management
- Ability to plan and execute meeting requirements
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Ability to read, analyses and interpret construction contract documents
What We Offer:
- Basic Salary of £28,000-£35,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual Pay Review
- Training and Development opportunities
- 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Company Private Medical Insurance
- Training and Skills Development opportunities
- Employee Reward Scheme
- Free hot and cold drinks and fresh fruit delivered daily
If you believe you have the skills and drive to make this role your own, get in touch via the 'Apply' button below, or email us directly.
Due to the volume of candidates we chat to, sometimes we don't come reply to your application. Please don't be offended - it's just that you weren't the right person this time. Keep an eye on our website to see all of our vacancies!