Contract Administrator (Arabic Speaker) - Subject to Contract Award
Make a difference every day
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Account Manager and Senior Management team in managing and cordinating all business support and personal correspondence for the contract. Our Contract Administrator should be experienced within an administrative function in a highly competitive and commercial environment with a prevailing culture of business development, growth, and delivery on projects and customer service levels.
This is a new opportunity to join our team and provide world class customer service in one of our new, large and open public venue. You will be working part of a large and diverse team where you will constantly interact with customers in a collaborative and fun working environment.
Serco delivers essential public services to customers in the UAE on behalf of governments, semi-governments, and large private corporations.
This is a subject to contract award role.
- Interface with senior management within Serco and externally in a professional, effective manner;
- Provide assistance in the scheduling of meetings and appointments, maintenance of files and records, data updating and preparation of various correspondences, business reports and presentation materials;
- Create and maintain an efficient filing system and manage administrative events such as travelling arrangements and preparing itineraries; coordinating hiring activities, meetings and group events;
- Coordinates company events to make sure it runs smoothly and successfully; managing details like location, selecting menus, accommodation and transportation;
- Assist in preparation of presentations, proofreading/ formatting documents, and assisting with correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, plans, etc;
- Raises/initiates Purchase orders for the acquisition of office supplies, uniforms, PPE maintenance materials & services.
- Request quotation from international & local supplier and reviews/ verifies purchase request, contract & quotation prior raising a PO.
- Handles question and concern relating to merchandise and tracking purchases from order placement until it arrives in the hands of the end user.
- Resolves PO issues; (left by Procurement Supervisor) variations, discrepancies, proper quantities, purchase order validity, credit memos in coordination with the vendors, finance, helpdesk and service desk for payment reconciliation and record balances on what is delivered and ordered.
- Prepare Monthly Cheque Request (MCR) to ensure timely payment will be made to international consultant and other local services.
- Prepare collate yearly Performance Review result and coordinate team engagement events
- Assist in the logistic of training & briefings, update Training Matrix., assist in production of reports and documentation.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
- Resourceful and diplomatic;
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability;
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization.
- Relationship building - the ability to build and maintain productive relationships across all stakeholders, whether at local or more senior levels, through to identifying and managing alliance partners.
- Communicates effectively - able to articulate ideas in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Initiative - the ability to think and act ahead, takes a proactive approach, self-motivated. Coordinate own work and that of other on a short to medium term basis.
- Ability to multi-task juggles demands of complex projects and proactively manages communication across the team.
- Highly organised - is quick and efficient, delivers to agreed timescales with an eye for detail.
- Works effectively with others in a strong team-orientated environment;
- Ability to work to flexible hours, in a trusted environment and to demonstrate absolute discretion;
- A minimum of 5 years experience across administration functions.
- Proven experience as a team member of a programme/project management office working on complex and large scale implementation projects and assisting measuring and managing performance and KPI's;
- Extensive knowledge of a multi-culture organization, know who the key personnel are (both external and internal) and able to understand the organisation's aims and objectives.
- The job holder will be educated to a level of High School Diploma, General Education Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Commercial/legal/contract management background experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Advanced level user of MS Office tools, (especially Word, Excel, Visio);
- Excellent MS Office skills - proficient in word processing and compiling documents into standard formats.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.