Contract Administrator - HMP Fosse Way
Leicestershire, LE18 4TN
Salary - £28,000 Pro-Rata
Permanent, Part time
Here at Serco, we are looking for a Contract Administrator to join our new Category C Prison, HMP Fosse Way.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an effective and efficient Administration Service to Serco`s internal and external customers, maintaining integrity of inward and outward correspondence and recording systems. The successful candidate will Undertake training and become fully competent in Security Clearances, Serco payroll administration e.g. overtime processes and Serco SAP processes They will provide general administrative support to the contract, collation of data and producing reports, and coordinating action plans - as well as managing conflicting priorities in a busy and demanding environment.
Some of the other responsibilities of the Contract Admin are as follows:
- To provide support to the Head of Business Services in respect of key tasks that they will support within the Contract
- To provide a comprehensive service to all employees ensuring that
- The clearance process is appropriately completed for new and renewal clearance
- Sickness records are maintained for all employees in line with Company's procedures, ensuring return to work interviews are conducted as appropriate and sickness is monitored in line with policy;
- To ensure that all personnel information is sent to MyHR
- To ensure accurate and timely payroll administration is completed for all employees maintaining links and effective relations with the payroll and benefits departments. Specifically overtime is submitted on time
- Ensure that payroll is checked and the relevant approved is notified within the payroll timescales.
- To ensure PCO name badges are ordered for all employees.
- Effective communications and liaison systems are in place with the aim of maintaining good relations and ensuring optimal delivery of services to all stakeholders.
What you will need to do the role
- 5 GCSE's grade C and above
- Extensive experience in Administration
- Excellent Knowledge of all Microsoft applications and a high level of competence with Excel
- Proven track record in managing conflicting priorities and difficult situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high demand environment
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to converse at all levels
- Be able to use own initiative and respond appropriately to a variety of situations
- Ability to adapt with a revolving process and manage change effectively
- Meaningful and vital work - We look after around 5,000 prisoners in our prisons and been in the business for 25 years, employ 2,000 colleagues in our 6 custodial contracts so you can guarantee you'll be delivering an essential service that touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people - We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and pension contribution
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package