Job Title: Contract Director- Continued Provision of Marine Services
Location: Various but very frequent travel to Portsmouth on-site is required
Serco Maritime Services deliver Defence critical services to the Royal Navy. As operators of specialist vessels, from harbour workboats to oceangoing support vessels, we provide world class integrated maritime services both in the UK and abroad. Our vessels provide a range of support, which include for example: dive support, military training, submarine rescue exercises, target/test equipment deployment/recovery and passenger transfers.
Due to an internal promotion we have a fantastic opportunity for a Contract Director to join our Defence business to lead our CPMS contract fresh off the back of winning the contract rebid worth circa £200m. Serco has been supporting the Royal Navy for over 25 years by assisting the movements of Royal Navy ships in and out of harbour and providing a range of further support services, including trialling new maritime technology, ferrying passengers and the provision and maintenance of buoys and moorings.
This is a crucial leadership position within our Maritime business, and you will be responsible for leading the operational performance of the CPMS contract delivering contract obligations and KPI's to the MoD whilst ensuring safety and compliance across a complex, highly regulated fleet of 97 vessels and 5 locations. You will provide leadership to a team of c650 people, including managing relationships with trade unions and importantly maintaining and developing excellent relationships with the customer. Innovation is at the heart of what we do, and we will be looking to you to help us think laterally about how we can optimise our processes, introduce or enhance efficiencies or improve our service to the customer both commercially and through our people. Finally, you will be expected to manage a complex P&L.
What you'll need to do the job
- We are looking for an excellent commercial and operational leader and you will have demonstrable experience in a similar role either within the Maritime / Defence sector or a highly regulated, complex, unionised sector
- Strong financial and commercial leadership experience
- Demonstrable and deep experience of being laser focused on the customer and able to improve services for customers within complex matrix organisations
- Executive gravitas with the ability to influence without direct control within a matrix organisation
- Ideally degree qualified in a business, engineering or marine discipline
- Ideally you will have worked within a unionised environment, however, this is not essential
- Ideally you will have deep experience of government procurement processes and complex bidding cycles
- Experience of transformational change and delivering continuous improvement
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Bonus potential of up to 30%
- Up to 10% contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion