- To manage, motivate and develop the on-site Data Centre Critical Environment Operations team in a business critical 24/7/365 operating environment, providing the 2 service lines to the client of CE and FM.
- To successful deliver contracted services to the client on the agreed site(s), ensuring performance of the site from a quality, health and safety and financial perspective.
- To manage and develop a professional relationship with the client locally to create a positive customer experience. To deliver a performance level which achieves and goes beyond the KPI's and SLA's set down in the contract with the client.
- Technical ownership and support for the client and site team 24/7
- Manage all technical aspects and works that happen on site
- Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are explored, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Management of M&E technical infrastructure
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both our teams services and subcontractors activities, and are regularly review.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- High Voltage ownership and control
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record in a senior or executive management role which has included responsibility for product, culture, people and business growth
- Experience dealing with a range of people from junior to senior level including site employees, suppliers and customers
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
- Internal and external client management
- Networking skills
- Excellent presentation skills - written, verbal and presentation
- High Voltage Authorised Engineer
- Core qualifications and back ground in Electrical and Mechanical systems
- Industry knowledge in critical environment and/or data centre environments and one or more of the following: M&E, facilities management, projects, building services