Contract Manager - Healthcare
University Hospital Wishaw, Lanarkshire, Scotland ML2 0DP
Permanent, Full time Monday- Friday (site based)
£60,000- £65,000 dependent upon experience plus bonus, company car, and private healthcare plus much more
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Contract Manager to join our team based at the University Hospital Wishaw based in Lanarkshire, Scotland to lead and take accountability for delivering an exemplar Hard FM service at an acute hospital site whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety and compliance are integral to the delivery.
Our Contract Manager will also be accountable for driving improvements to deliver a sustainable contract for Serco, whilst maintaining customer satisfaction through excellent relationships and robust and disciplined operational performance. Within this contract, Serco currently employ around 30 staff with a contract value of circa £5m per annum.
- Take accountability for building customer advocacy and loyalty with all stakeholders, including the NHS Board, the SPV, contractors, members of the public, senior managers and colleagues by fostering a partnership approach to relationships.
- Understand key business drivers, actively develops and implements solutions to enhance the delivery of exceptional service and align operational strategies and priorities accordingly to balance customer and business needs.
- Apply Serco Cares and Serco Values in all customer interactions.
- Develop good and commercially robust relationships with the SPV.
- Accountable for providing high quality, compliant Hard FM services to ensure excellent and compliant operational services to the customer in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure appropriate corporate governance is in place to comply with health, safety and other legal requirements within the department, working at all times within the Serco Management System (SMS).
- Supply technical knowledge (Subject Matter Expertise) and input across the contract and Serco as required.
- Report on business performance through KPI reports and PMS, as well as any other contractually agreed mechanisms.
- Analyse the business performance of the services, using the data to drive decision making and operational improvements.
- Identify and implement effective change and transformation service improvements by guiding others and helping them adapt to improve overall business performance.
- Manage a variety of complex service risks and issues making autonomous decisions to find practical solutions.
- Facilitate understanding and encourage communication both within own team and more broadly.
- Develop (where required), maintain and implement SOPs (operating procedures) for the service area(s).
- Ensure robust and tight discipline is maintained to review operational, financial and HR performance on the contract.
- To provide visible leadership and management such that all employees understand and adopt the strategy and plans and are motivated to achieve their objectives in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure a culture of high employee engagement and participation through effective and sustained people strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Accountable for the training and development of employees, ensuring that all employees work safely and that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PPE and other control standards
- Effectively and appropriately allocate and empower responsibility to others to maximise the individuals' and organisational effectiveness.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team to develop knowledge and skills to improve their performance and promote a learning organisation.
- Effectively manage the team through using the full range of Serco's People Policies and Procedures, including Recruitment and Selection, Performance Development Review, Absence Management, Discipline and Grievance.
- Maintain resourcing levels through effectively managing absence levels, annual leave requests, improving retention and effective recruitment to control labour budget, meet business objectives and increase levels of employee engagement.
- The post holder will be accountable for delivering the financial objectives for the contract, which will include the preparation, monitoring and management of the budget in line with contract objectives. They will be accountable for developing direct reports to be responsible for the financial performance of their specific services.
- Implement and maintain robust and regular controls to meet financial forecasts
- Draw up contingency plans to manage gaps.
- Identify and implement cost saving efficiencies across the contract.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Degree educated or equivalent /or substantial industry experience
- Strong leadership skills: influence, support and steer a large diverse team
- Highly self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Strong ability to identify, analyse and develop continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong people management skills including managing absence, conflict, discipline and grievance, performance, learning and development
- Effective communication skills
- Highly developed negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Numeracy skills required for management of budgets
- Confident with IT equipment and software including normal business applications
- Experience of working in a Hard FM service with health experience desirable
- Leading and building a team
- Financial/P&L accountability experience
- Leading and facilitating transformational change
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Awareness of good business management practices e.g., cost control, staff rostering, people management
- Problem solving at a strategic level
Please note: This role is based both in an office environment and in the operational environment of the hospital so there is occasional exposure to unpleasant conditions. There will also be a requirement to participate in the On Call rota.
What we offer:
- An amazing challenge with incredible people doing vital work for our NHS
- Bonus potential of up to 10%
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Company car
- Option to join our Share Save scheme
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin Entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.