Contracts Expert - Saudi National
Make a difference every day
We are a multinational organisation with a global team of 50,000 colleagues. In the Middle East we operate in the Transport, Defence & Advisory sectors, delivering services in Asset Management, Customer Experience, Fire & Rescue and Air Navigation Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services to fulfil our purpose to impact a better future by "Bringing National Visions to Life".
We are looking for a Contracts Expert who will be part of a team of O&M subject matter experts (SME's) tasked with supporting the delivery of 'World-Class' O&M operational standards and procedures, and their implementation across KSA government entities.
The ideal candidate should have semonstrable subject matter expertise (and where appropriate accreditation) across the following elements of O&M:
- Procurement Process Optimization,
- RFI / RFP Evaluation,
- Bid Evaluation Criteria & Contracts,
- Bill of Quantities (BOQs) Development and Management,
This role is part of our team of experts supporting the Mashroat contract in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Supporting the growth of the Serco reputation for operational excellence within KSA.
- Pro-actively lead the development, global best practice benchmarking and production of core contractual procedures and standards as a major component of the AFM National Manual for Saudi government.
- Provide Contracts subject matter expertise across all Saudi government entities either according to the strategic plan or in response to entity request
- Support the matrixed organization in the effective delivery of complex contract Consultancy deliverables across O&M practice, by holistically integrating contracts thought leadership.
- Produce evidence based research into new procurement/ contractual processes and systems.
- Engage and maintain close working relationships within the client and its partner Consultancy in order to optimize O&M best practices.
- Ensure the effective enablement of Saudi government entity operational management by:
- Assist the FMRT department with implementation and understanding of the standards across government Entities.
- Understand, document and apply contractual KPI standards across all aspects of O&M, as part of the AFM National Manual, including:
- Systems engineering & lifecycle,
- Configuration Management (including a change control process);
- Standardized Grounds and Landscaping schedules and templates.
- Facility Management (FM), that address facility safety, surveillances and inspections, seasonal planning and customer service.
- Emergency Management, that address preparedness, drills and action plans for emergencies.
- Space, Energy, and Cleaning Management.
- Fleet Management, that addresses utilization, maintenance and inspections, and includes applicable templates and checklists.
- Procurement processes for goods and services in support of O&M.
- Review procedures and processes developed in collaboration with the Client, including:
- Health and safety,
- Waste management,
- Quality assurance,
- Continuous improvement.
- Develop a process to ensure contract standardization across the Entity O&M contracts.
- This position may be required to carry out other tasks from time to time as directed by the Serco Middle East Leadership team.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in related field on national / international major initiatives and developments.
- Recognized expertise in assigned field.
- Record of engagement with a wide range of stakeholders and wider commercial and public sector stakeholders.
- Expert in development and implementation of best practice standards and processes.
- Extensive experience of working internationally (preference for Middle East / KSA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of instituting continuous improvement and change management.
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering, Accountancy or Law from an accredited university.
- Further Accountancy / Law / Contracts accreditations beneficial.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies preferred.
What's in it for you?
At Serco, our core values drive everything we do, and we believe in fairly compensating our colleagues for the value they bring to our organization. We are proud to offer a total reward package at Serco which includes:
- Competitive monthly pay and allowances that are commensurate with the role and industry standards
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage and life insurance, so our employees can feel secure in their health and financial wellbeing
- We recognize the importance of work-life balance, which is why we offer competitive leave benefits that exceed industry standards
- We offer an annual airfare allowance to support our expat colleagues to stay in touch and visit their loved ones
- We pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment where we foster a positive Safety-First culture
- We care deeply about our colleagues' wellbeing and offer access to wellbeing programs and platforms to support their physical, mental, and emotional health.
- As a global organization, we offer a vast array of career paths for our employees to choose from. The scale and breadth of our organization provides our colleagues with opportunities for growth and variety in their career path, both regionally and globally.
At Serco, we believe there is a place here for everyone. A place where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. Our workplace culture is one that embraces diversity and fosters equity, respect, and belonging for every individual. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and creating an inclusive environment that proudly celebrates the perspectives and backgrounds that each of our employees bring to work every day.
Join Serco and be part of a values-driven organization that invests in the development and well-being of its employees and offers a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.