You will be part of a specific communication delivery team, using the functionality already available to deliver ongoing or one off paper, email, SMS or Push notifications to Santander Bank customers (including pre and production testing). You will become part of a wider team with a dynamic range of roles from managing Communication control and Inventory, to Systems Administration of work management, contractual SLA Management and workflow tools to a number of other internal and 3rd party communication management systems. Expectations of the role are to effectively deliver communications for the Bank, as well as supporting with migration of existing communications to the new platform, control checks and reconciliation of communications through the platform and when required support senior developers with testing of new services. Hand in hand with this is to share the responsibility with the rest of the team to support the platform ongoing as communications. This role involves working to tight deadlines driven by external Bank and IT teams, as such you will need to have the ability to support all stakeholders within process to ensure consistent delivery to target. In the event of an incident this role is a key player in the communication, understanding, early resolution and drive for ongoing fix. The successful candidate will embrace change, be results driven, and have a logical and structured approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a professional and efficient manner, showcasing solid communication throughout.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
· You will work with the New Demand team to deliver ongoing or one off paper, email, SMS or Push communications, this will require documenting a Template Brief, championing the sign off, build effective relationships with the internal Bank customer to ensure they meet timescales to sign off your pre-production and production tests. You will hand hold the communication through to delivery/BAU status before handing off to the communication control team. Both these teams are in your wider department
· Due to the nature of the agile project the methods of communication have all different types of reconciliation - some automated so you will be expected to share responsibility of checking a dashboard, others are currently manual, working towards them being automated. You will support reconciliation of the communications being sent from the platform, this is a shared team responsibility which takes place every day including weekends and bank holidays - this will be rota'd 1 in 5 and will consist of Dashboard checking 20:00-21:30 each night and 1.5 hours of manual reconciliation on Saturday, Sunday and BH's (we are working to remove the manual reconciliation long term, leaving only the Dashboard checking). To support you completing this as efficiently as possible you will have a laptop so you can complete these quick tasks at home.
· You will be part of the wider bank Agile project working closely with the Senior Developers in your team and on occasion directly with IT teams. You will have opportunity to give ideas on builds and improvements we have a very open working method, always encouraging people to share their ideas, gaining rationalisation and supporting them through to prioritisation and delivery. · You may occasionally be asked to the support testing for a newly developed or due to be developed solution. Here you will be supported and given background information but then you will be expected to rigorously test the functionality, challenge the design/implementation where applicable.
· You will maintain up to date understanding of the functionality and services available on the platform as they are being delivered and be able to update customers and explain what benefits this gives them.
· You will support with the migration of existing communications from their current method of production to this new platform, this will involve building relationships within internal MI teams, documenting briefs and championing sign off, thoroughly testing and working with the operations to ensure no impact to them or Santander customers. All these steps will be documented in milestone plans which will need to be kept up to date and potentially explained or presented at a local level.
· If faults or incidents occur you will act fast to report and hold communications to customers, to minimise or divert impact. You will act quickly to call contacts and you will work with local team, wider Agile team and BAU teams as applicable to understand if the incident is real, understand what need to be done to resolve and whether impact is high enough to not move forward with the communication. Incidents could happen out of your usual working hours.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
· Experience with Interactive classic or Interactive plus (Preferably plus). Formal certification not required.
· Understanding of how the key items in interactive are created & managed, blocks/templates/resources
· High level understanding of how interactive and designer work together.
· Fundamental understanding of how letters/emails should be composed.
· Problem solving, logical way of thinking.
· Good organisational & planning skills with the ability to work proactively and prioritise
· Attention to detail
· Confident communicator, experience in building strong relationships with key stakeholders/customers
· MS office in particular Excel and PowerPoint Beneficial
· Experience in writing specifications for customer communications
· Presentation skills & ability to tailor approach to a variety audiences
· Working knowledge of control management and reconciliation