Data Analyst, London Based (global responsibility)
Our client is in the process of a digital transformation of its business to support its continued successful growth. This has created the need for this hire within their Central Data Office, to help define and deliver the future vision of information management and advanced analytics.
Head of Business Intelligence & Reporting
This analytical position, has enterprise-wide responsibility to support the analysis and report delivery of information in support of marketing, sales, editorial and product development teams across the company
This role is expected to:
- Propose ideas and develop Business Intelligence to generate incremental business benefit
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that Business Intelligence solutions are fully comprehended and adopted
- Liaise with the business teams and IT teams to continuously improve data quality
- Deliver tailored insight that exceeds business expectations
- Support the department head in the management and delivery of business solutions
- Delivery of impactful Business Intelligence and support the outputs for all teams within the Central Data Office
- Work closely with global business teams in the achievement of business objectives (increase revenue from online subscriptions and delegate sales for events).
- Perform business analysis to gather user requirements and ensure data items are aligned to key business definitions and metrics
- Ensure results and recommendations can always be relied upon to inform business decision making
- Work with the Data and IT teams where needed to ensure data is defined, structured and accessible in a way that support BI development
- Work to continuously improve quality and accuracy of BI solutions, monitor overall progress and resolve issues.
- Ensure that realistic and achievable timelines are agreed and met for projects undertaken
Dimensions and resources
- Collaborative planning & working with global business and technical teams, including 3rd party suppliers
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Minimum degree preferably qualified in a Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) based degree.
- 3+ years data industry experience gained ideally within financial services and commercially focused organisations
- A naturally inquisitive analytical person who has a career focussed on delivering tailored insight and analysis within fast moving environments
- Good relational database, SQL and reporting application experience using reporting applications software such as Tableau.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and present well-reasoned recommendations back to the business.
- Good communicator and manager
- Salary: £45k to £55k per annum
- 25 days holiday per annum (3 compulsory at Christmas)
- Co-contributory pension scheme (4.5% matched)
- Season ticket loan