This is an exciting opportunity to work within the client mission team and make a real difference to a key IT transformation. The team are currently growing their capability in data science within the analyst community, we have got to the point where ongoing support is required to assist the analysts on this journey. To respond to this challenge, we are growing a team to own and deliver the mission's innovation & capability development projects; leveraging technology to maximise our mission impact.
This role will further develop analyst-developed capability and interface with the wider engineering teams supporting stakeholders, ensuring that effective and sustainable capability is being delivered in coherence with software best practice. They will also play a key role in the running of the capability innovation lifecycle, pulling prototypes through into production at the right time; re-scoping and re-building capability as required to meet enduring mission and user need.
Within the client we really value diversity of thought and welcome difference. You will demonstrate this throughout your role by living our values and behaviours. We are seeking applicants from the widest possible talent pool and believe in every member of our team bringing their whole self to bear on our work. We are happy to discuss anything we can change or adjust that will help us to accommodate what's unique about you.
Previous experience could include:
* Iteratively developing solutions for customers
* Working with user communities to understand users and their capability requirements
* Implementing software best practice (code review, version control, testing etc)
* Using Python and data science techniques to solve problems.
* Providing mentoring and training for community members
* Leveraging Cloud technologies, techniques and approaches to drive innovation
* Familiarity with architectural concepts such as laaS, PaaS, FaaS and technologies such
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.