Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The ideal candidate develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security of database systems. Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Manage SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems. Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using Microsoft .Net, and php/mySql.
- Receive, verify, validate, maintain, and exchange the operational and vendor data received from internal and external sources in accordance with the Procedures manual, regulations and International Standards and Recommended Practices using the database management system
- Perform quality checks for data received from internal and external users to ensure that the provided data and information is accurate, complete, free of distortion and unambiguous.
- Define and build database systems of high availability/ cluster environment and quality depending on each end user's specialized role. Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, migration, upgrade and security.
- Responsible for the development and sustainment of the DBMS, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple teams
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field and relevant certification
- Proficiency in use of relevant computer programs including, but not confined to, desktop publishing and MS Office
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Experience within aviation sector or highly regulated sector
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.