Bordon, GU35 9JE
Full Time, Permanent (36.5 hours per week)
Competitive salary plus benefits
Serco are recruiting for a Day-Technician to join their TCS Contract in Bordon. The role of the Day-Technician is to configure for real time support and operate a variety of satellite ground and communication systems. The role will also carry out performance of routine maintenance, system checks and tests, and fault troubleshooting / rectification.
The role involves working as part of a team on days to provide flawless, uninterrupted satellite support. The Day Technician reports directly to the Technical Delivery Manager and provides Subject Matter Expertise and leadership as required.
The three main areas of support are Operations, Training & Maintenance.
You will be working with the Duty Shift to achieve continuity and support to any mission site issues.
- Comply with the Serco Management Systems, UK, Europe and TCS policies / procedures
- Operate the ARTS, RBC and COMM systems as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Carry out or assist with planned maintenance activities and system troubleshooting as required.
- Provide technical expertise in fault finding during corrective maintenance activities.
- Will act as Senior person in area when required and check and report all events to the Duty Supervisor.
- If requested by the Operations Manager deputize for the Duty Supervisor if absent.
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with information from the site's PMI database.
- Document all maintenance activity in accordance with site procedures in electronic and paper form.
- Will participate in a one in three weekly call-out rota along with the other Team Members.
- Carry out Risk assessment and Planned General Inspections as required.
- Carry out Level 2 PDM actions with Team. Working the same hours as needed to complete the scheduled PDM site actions.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required. By consent.
What you'll need to do the role:
- GCSE Grade C Maths and English.
- ONC but will require HNC (or equivalent) Electronic Engineering.
- CompTIA Security +.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft MS packages.
- Willing to travel overseas if required.
- Ability to achieve SC (Security Clearance).
- Full Driving Licence and a willingness to drive company vehicles.
- Willing to become Crypto Authorised & if required carry out duties of a Deputy Crypto Custodian.
- Willing to become a rescue climber
- Able to train to proficient Level 2 Technical role and support Level 1 Technicians
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Simply Health Plans, and more.
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure, and Hospitality discounts.
- A fantastic culture and supportive team where you'll get the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Company discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting and enjoyable work.
- Committed to professional and personal development with a wide range of training and coaching opportunities to expand your capabilities.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Gold Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.