VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Job Title: Delivery Manager
Permanent/ Full time
- Ensuring performance and budget targets and the requirements of health and safety compliance are achieved. Providing support and guidance to the wider team and key stakeholders.
- To ensure performance and budget targets and the requirements of health and safety compliance are achieved within the service area.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of all elements of the repairs service including, including out-of-hours, ensuring cover for holiday and sickness.
- Accountability for operational management of service. To effectively manage specialist sub- contractors to ensure best value and quality of services.
- Develop and deliver an effective project management approach to support business change and business improvement plans and proactively identify new opportunities for efficiencies in service delivery and improved Value for Money, whilst maintaining a high-quality service.
- To have profit and loss responsibility for the service. To effectively manage delegated budgets ensuring monthly monitoring of spend, trend analysis, exception reporting and remedial actions for any under/overspend.
- To lead the direct service team and sub-contractors to manage and maintain the property assets and provide excellent repairs, servicing, grounds maintenance services to all customers and stakeholders.
- Compile as required, statistical data including performance indicators; analysing results, identify trends and implementing appropriate actions.
- Management of complex repairs and ensuring effective communication with customers in relation to these and their progress.
- To manage and deliver effective performance management of the team to ensure both team and individual performance targets are established, monitored, and managed.
- To report on KPIs as requested and to collate and submit statistical returns.
- To create a supportive, fair and positive culture within which team members are motivated and can develop and maximise their skills and abilities.
- To use the One-to-One processes effectively to deliver this. To effectively manage other employee related issues such as sickness and absence, health and safety, grievance and disciplinary, in line with procedures.
- To work proactively with key partners and stakeholders to create a collaborative approach to deliver a first-class service, in line with our bid promises.
- To undertake necessary training to become the Responsible Person for Legionella and asbestos.
- Relevant professional qualification: CIOB/RICS (or working towards). Or equivalent qualification or comparable through experience or qualification in role related subject
- Sound knowledge and understanding of working within a repairs and maintenance service.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements and British Standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Previous experience as a Responsible Person is desirable.
- Experienced in leading and managing a multi discipline team ad sub-contract supply chain.
- Health and Safety Qualification NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent is desirable.
- Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Method Statement training or experience.
- Experienced and successful people manager with practice in undertaking one-to-ones PDRs, disciplinary procedures, etc.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.