Deputy Head of Regulatory Licencing & Governance
Home-based - UK wide travel required
Full Time, Permanent
£50,000 - £55,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits
MyFleet, is a department within Serco Enabling Services which provides multiple operational outputs, ranging from, fleet management and administration, accident management, driver licence checking, improving vehicle utilisation, lowering fuel consumption and costs, optimising maintenance and repair programs. We also provide maintenance facilities, enhancing safety for employees, customers and other motorists.
In addition, the department also manages various regulatory licences which include, Operator Licence, Section 5 (Prohibited Weapons and Munitions) Acquire and Keep Explosives, Registered Firearms Dealer, Upper Tier Waste Carriers Licence, Animal by Products Licence, Radiation Certificates and Controlled Drugs Licence. It is in the Regulatory and Governance department we are seeking a highly experienced and motivated individual to assume the role of Deputy Head of Regulatory Licencing & Governance.
As part of this you'll:
- Assume responsibility for the operational delivery and output of the Fleet Administration team, both within the Redcar Office and dispersed sites; this also includes Line Manager responsibilities for 9 personnel
- Act as the nominated deputy to the Head of Regulatory Licencing and Governance and act on behalf of the Serco Ltd Board Members for all Operator Licence and other regulatory licences, Section 5 (Prohibited Weapons and Munitions) Acquire and Keep Explosives, Registered Firearms Dealer, Upper Tier Waste Carriers Licence, Animal by Products Licence, Radiation Licence and Controlled Drugs Licence
- Submit, timely, the required regulatory documentation for the following licences: Section 5 (Prohibited Weapons and Munitions) Acquire and Keep Explosives, Registered Firearms Dealer, Upper Tier Waste Carriers Licence, Animal by Products Licence, Radiation Licences and Controlled Drugs Licence
- Attend Home Office and Police interviews as required by the authorities
- Provide regulatory support to the Director MyFleet
- Act as the companies authorised licence holder for Prohibited Ammunition and Weapons under the Firearms Act 1968
- Manage the Operator's Licence applications and establish the controls for existing and new contracts for Serco Ltd
- Act as the deputy signatory for all Operating Licence documentation on behalf the Company Directors
- Advise /influence stakeholders on the prospects and risks of Regulatory Licence applications and time management expectations Monitor Operator Licence and other Road Transport regulatory performance, prompting swift collective action, to ensure legislative compliance
- Liaise with the Director of MyFleet to ensure all Operating Centres have the relevant, competent CPC holder in place
- Perform a minimum of six-monthly Operator Licence audits of Operating Centres allocated to this role
- Undertake annual audits within the areas of Firearms, Explosives and Controlled Drugs, as necessary
- Attend Public Inquiries, where appropriate
What you'll need to do the role:
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Hold a Goods CPC Management Certificate or already be registered on a Goods CPC examination pre-start date for this position
- Have experience in working with and controlling Firearms, including an understanding of the Firearms Legislation
- Have a working knowledge of the Explosive Regulations 2014
- Have a working knowledge of Controlled Drugs application process
- Have experience working with various government agencies
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Military Transport Regulations
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Defence Safety Agency policies and procedures
- Must have or have held SC clearance
- Due to the nature of the role, you will have experience in operating at a Senior Level
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail with proven negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory advice in a straightforward and non-ambiguous manner
- Strong awareness in driving processes and operational improvements
- You will be required to undertake vetting and security interviews with various Police Authorities, including Home Office representatives
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement and development won't be hard to find. You'll also work with great people. You'll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we offer:
- Company car / £4200 cash alternative
- Bonus scheme - 10% on target, 20% exceeding targets
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Growth and development opportunities - Serco will support with a range of qualifications
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Bupa Anytime HealthLine, Thrive App, Simply Health Plans and more
- Access to a huge range of discounts and exclusive deals such as Merlin Attractions, Mobile Phone discounts, Cinema discounts, Leisure and Hospitality discounts
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase more
- Life assurance
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.