What you'll do???
How you'll do it???
- Development of infrastructure through reusable code with automated tooling and tests
- Use of metrics and monitoring information to ensure performance and reliability
- Understand the complexities of working with multi-tier applications and capacity testing and scaling of distributed systems
- Delivery of new features and tooling for both business and technical stakeholders
- Interact with other squads outside of your own to ensure the uptime and reliability of our infrastructure
- Work alongside your colleagues to resolve engineering problems and incidents
- Collaborate with architects and technical teams to help define a platform for the future
What you'll get in return...
- Automate - from small scripts and build pipelines to brand new systems, you'll have a passion for automation and continuous improvement
- Develop - Be an expert on the toolset. You will be working with Kubernetes, Akamai, Kafka, Chef, ELK, Jenkins, git, VMWare, AWS, Docker, Terraform and Red Hat Linux
- Operate - you'll understand how applications and services run-in real-world production environments, whether it's containers or virtual machines, on our own platform or in AWS, you'll know how to keep them running smoothly.
- Scale and Resilience - you will know how configure the infrastructure to cope with demand while still delivering maximum resilience
- You will use Chef, Terraform and where necessary bespoke tooling to build, configure and maintain platform components
- Support - You will be a member of the On-Call support team providing 24/7/ support to our production systems. Using your problem-solving skills, you will triage, diagnose and resolve incidents
- Using your excellent communication skills, you'll share knowledge and help your team make sound engineering decisions while embracing DevOps culture
- You'll always be learning, improving your skills and the systems you work with
We really care about your professional development. As a member of a technical team, you'll get 10% of your working week to dedicate to self-directed learning and development.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .
Mon to Fri - Standard