Digital and Graphic Design Lead
UK Defence Academy
Shrivenham, Swindon, SN6 8LA
Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on skills and experience) plus benefits
Serco have an exciting opportunity for a Digital and Graphic Design Lead to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. Serco at the Defence Academy provides Facilities Management across all aspects of the site including Estates, Logistics, various Supporting Services, together with Cleaning, Catering and Waste Management through ESS.
As our Digital and Graphic Design Lead, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of digital media projects for the Media Services graphics contract and third-party output. You will support and develop designers as necessary to ensure that media materials are delivered to a consistent, high standard. You will brief and manage designers on print and digital projects to ensure all work complies with guidelines, and it builds on the overall design direction.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Initial point of contact for print and digital design discussions with customers.
- Produce highly creative digital content including eLearning material, animations, social media.
- Liaise with clients to develop engaging and on-brand designs.
- Oversee graphics requests and distribute work from the Topdesk graphics queue to appropriate designer.
- Share skills and knowledge with the design team.
- Brief and manage graphic designers to ensure consistency of style, design, and quality, ensuring the Media Services design philosophy and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Liaise with Graphics & Print Team Leader to build robust graphics systems and processes with the aim of streamlining and speeding up the design process.
- Hold regular meetings with design section to review issues and progress.
- Liaise with internal production staff, external printers, or other production facilities, to ensure designs are practical, and cost-effective and artwork is correctly formatted.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification and commensurate experience and skills proven by a strong portfolio of work.
- Experience of digital design and design for print and the management of brand in a graphics department.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Creative and passionate about graphic design.
- Reliable, well organised, and accurate.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Defence Academy sits within a beautiful and secure site which hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world. Other benefits of working on this site include:
- Free, secure onsite parking.
- Opportunity to join many sports and activity clubs (heavily subsidised subscription costs).
- Gym membership, the site boasting 2 fully equipped gymnasiums.
- 18-hole golf course (annual membership circa £375).
- Fully equipped riding stables, with the opportunity for lessons.
- Other sporting facilities include tennis courts, Astro-turf football pitches and much more.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the chance to purchase additional days.
- Serco-Flex - local working policy which supports home working options dependant on role requirements.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- A range of benefits to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family such as Employee Assistance Programme, Thrive app, Health Cash Plans, and more.
- A wealth of career development training to suit your future aspirations. These range from role specific training, leadership coaching, formal study and much more to support you to build your career with Serco.
- A safe and supportive culture.
To discover more about our careers in Defence, meet our team, and to find out more about what we offer, please follow this Link. We're also a signatory of the UK Governments Women in Defence Charter, to find out more please click here.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. As a proud Disability Confident Leader and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.