Job Title: Director of Fire Capability, Defence
Location: UK Based
Serco works in partnership with the Public Sector in the UK, providing an array of services to Government with an ambition to 'Impact a Better Future'. Our agility, customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services, and global experience enable us to quickly respond with solutions that achieve positive outcomes for our customers. Headquartered in Hook, Hampshire, Serco is a global business that helps transform government and public services around the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Fire Capability within our Defence business who will focus on leading Serco's global fire capability. Our renowned IFTC (International Fire Training Centre) is at the heart of this business and this position will be responsible for developing & improving the centre whilst also being responsible for developing customer relations and ensuring that we have the competencies & capabilities to build an international business. We have a substantial international pipeline of opportunities that this individual will support in bringing to fruition and setting our business up for future success.
This role will require a leader who can take both a strategic and operational lens when required, ensuring the team at the IFTC always provide fantastic customer service, ensuring levels of assurance and profitability with a deep understanding of the global fire sector, standards and practices but importantly possessing the vision and strategic oversight to build a robust business development strategy for the future of the capability. This is a truly exciting leadership role where you will be able to play a significant part in the future of this business and building, mentoring and developing a fantastic team.
What you'll need to do the role
- Deep experience within the fire sector, ideally as a Chief or Deputy Chief Fire Officer
- Strong understanding of the Fire sector regulations and best practice
- Outstanding leadership skills and demonstrable experience of leading a significant budget and operation
- A commercial or entrepreneurial mindset and able to see and deliver opportunities to drive profitability or enable efficiencies / cost savings
- Proven experience of leading business transformation which delivered improved outputs and operational efficiencies
- Ideally NEBOSH qualified
What you'll get in return
- A competitive six figure basic salary
- Bonus potential of up to 30%
- Car allowance of £5680 or company car
- 10% contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- A range of Serco benefits