Role : Recycling Operational Clerk
Location : HMP Lowdham Grange
The position of Recycling Operational Clerk is responsible for overseeing all of the Recycling within HMP Lowdham Grange and supervising a team of approx. 10 prisoners who will be assisting with the operation. The aim is to reduce our carbon footprint and landfill usage by ensuring that we maximise all sustainable recycling avenues.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Recycling department on a daily basis, ensuring the effective completion of all recycling of materials and food waste.
- Ensure that the monthly environmental report is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with all departments on a daily basis to collect and remove all rubbish for recycling.
- Arrange and monitor the skip and compactor exchanges.
- Assist with prisoner movements and conduct searches of prisoners in the prescribed manner and at the appropriate times.
- Ensure tool control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensure all cleaning materials and chemicals are used in accordance with Serco policy
- Ensure that all PPE is issued and worn in accordance with the risk assessments and COSHH sheets.
- To maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Assist prison custody staff in the management of the work units as and when required to do so
- Ensure all maintenance checks are carried out on a daily basis and recorded in the appropriate files
- Ensure a clean working environment within the department extension focusing on health and safety as well as effective stock control
- This list is not exhaustive, the roles and responsibilities will change to meet the organisations needs and objectives.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Environmental Legislation in Waste Management Awareness (desirable)
- Can work on own initiative when required
- Previous experience in working in a commercial environment would be advantageous
- Computer literate