|Job Title:EDS Engineer LV||Status: |
|Department:R & D Engineering - Electrical||Location: Offshore and UK Site|
|Date Prepared:10/01/2023||Reporting To: Nick Drew|
|JOB PURPOSE|| |
|EDS Engineer is required with experience of new product development within the automotive industry specialising in EV application for a worldwide market|
|ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES |
- To ensure the creation of world class products
- Good level of technical competence should be displayed in this role, including the ability to take engineering data and present a high-level summary to the team leader.
- To ensure the design, development and subsequent products are in line with the Switch Mobility Net Zero requirements
- Must work within the traditional boundaries of Quality, Cost, Delivery
- Preparation of wiring diagrams from vehicle architecture, system diagrams and component device transmittals using appropriate design tools.
- Develop the maturity of the wiring diagrams from concept through sign-off to become a manufacturable arrangement.
- Define fuse and ground topologies to meet the stipulations of DFMEA and conform to industry best practice.
- Create harness drawings and electrical assemblies from the wiring diagram and 3D source data.
- Participate in defining the required circuit related design validation tests and investigate and resolve any issues arising from the testing
- BoM management
- Electronics packaging requirements awareness (antennas, radars, speakers, displays and ECUs).
- Supporting the generation of 3D harnesses, to support vehicle mock-up and manufacture.
|ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS|
- 3 years+ automotive engineering experience in the field of automotive electrical engineering
- Good understanding of EDS system design, including fusing, grounding and network topologies
- Ability to use circuit design software - Vesys is preferred, but other design tools, such as Capital, Catia
- Good knowledge of 2D harness drawing requirements
- University degree in a relevant engineering topic
- Good understanding of EDS requirements, specifications, current sizing and verification/validation methods
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English
- Ability to lead stakeholder meetings and drive resolution of issues
- 3D Wiring Harness design experience.
- Experience in production line.
- Vehicle Electrification experience
- Good communication skills to interact with all engineering functionsPackaging experience, including Fasteners definition clipping and manufacturing assembly processes.
- Provide balanced information to assist clear decision making
- Thinks and acts in a dynamic yet structured way to the challenges and opportunities.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.