An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Airbus UK Manufacturing Engineering team located within the Aircraft Systems Test Group in Broughton.
The role involves supporting the testing of the aircraft through the manufacturing process. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team investigating issues identified during aircraft manufacture and test and act as the liaison between Design & Operations in resolving them on the aircraft.
This is a technical role that involves office-based work but also requires physical inspections on the aircraft. A key part of the role is to ensure the configuration of the aircraft is maintained to the latest design standard during embodiment of modifications, design changes, & repairs.
- Dealing with queries that are of an Electrical bias that are raised by Operations and finding a solution on the aircraft in conjunction with Design.
- Creating and updating BVTI's, BVRI's, GTI's and RTI's.
- Specific process improvement projects.
- Aiding in the preparation and setup of the ME systems and integration.
- Creating Material masters for new part requirements and extension for maintained parts.
- Ability to work across Disciplines Electrical, Structures, and Fuel Systems, etc…
- Working across all aircraft programmes (A320, A330, A350).
This role gives excellent exposure to all the functions working in Aircraft Systems Test ME with specific emphasis on systems and the unique challenges faced within the test phase of the manufacturing process. It requires someone with energy, persistence, and initiative that are capable of operating in a dynamic environment where high levels of reactivity & flexibility are considered essential. Providing shop floor and Engineering support.
- Interpretation & understanding of engineering drawings.
- Multiple Airbus aircraft programmes experience desirable.
- Click n Buy - placing orders and GR goods on receipt of parts, experience desirable but not essential.
- CPR1053 - experience and knowledge desirable.
- PUWER - experience knowledge desirable.
- Health and Safety - Risk assessments experience and knowledge desirable.
- SAP APD planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- SAP PEA planning of manufacturing instructions & bill of materials, experience desirable.
- Engineers work bench (desirable but not essential).
- CATIA V5 interrogator (desirable but not essential).
- Material Master creation experience (desirable).
- Knowledge of aircraft structure and electrical systems installation & test.
- Experience of Quality Assurance / Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering processes & procedures.
- Familiar with SQCDP principles.
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com