Electrical Test Operator
Job Type: 6 month contract
Due to an increase in workload an Electrical Test Operator is required for my client's site in Bolton who are an internationally renowned defence organisation who provide engineering support and capability.
The Electrical Test Operator will be responsible for carrying out test tasks within the operational business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
- Certify the product in line with Product Certification procedure. Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic recalibration of test equipment.
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment.
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment.
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification.
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process. Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills/ experience:
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC or further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- Previous experience undertaking testing on electrical/ electronic test
- Electronic fault-finding experience
- You should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- Manual handling training.
- Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes).
- ESD training.
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo Security Clearance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience please apply within.