VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Larkhill, SP4 8NR
Permanent/ Full time, 40 hours per week. Call outs 1 in 3
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 p.a + Use of Company Vehicle
An exciting new role to undertake effective, compliant and timely delivery of planned and reactive electrical maintenance tasks in Ministry of Defence establishments.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities.
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations.
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use, is fit for use, and that you are trained to use it.
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times.
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets via the PDA and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators.
- Ensure that confidentiality is observed at all times and that matters relating to duties undertaken or information received during the course of duties remains confidential.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Comply with the extra security restrictions in place in some buildings.
Role Specific Requirements:
- Travel between sites is required
- There is a requirement to be part of an on-call rota, being available for call outs outside normal working hours (attendance within 1 hour of call being placed).
- Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works.
- Full electrical trade qualification (Level 3 or higher)
- 18th Edition IEE regulations
- AM2 accreditation
- Able to obtain SC clearance or other similar security clearance.
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work.
- Planning and completing personal objectives.
- Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business.
Nice To Have:
- Experience of operating in a security sensitive environment/and or previous SC clearance.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR.
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment.
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, sustainability etc.
- City & Guilds 2391, or equivalent
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Asbestos awareness training
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.