Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The Electrician will carry out allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and carry out remedial repairs on building services and power systems electrical assets and associated equipment.
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the electrical services and systems such as, lighting, emergency lighting, small power, switchgear, motors, pumps, control panels, instrumentation EPMS (Electrical Power Management System), BMS (Building Management System), HV (High Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage) LV (Low Voltage) power distribution systems including, IPS (Isolated Power Supply), UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), generators, and other associated plant.
- Assist in monitoring electrical consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update central records as required.
- Monitor, rectify and/or repair electrical systems and services and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical equipment, power supply and distributions systems along with associated lighting and control systems in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
- Ideally have past experience within a healthcare environment.
- Holder of Diploma in Electrical Engineering and/or Electrical Facilities Management.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do is important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and Serco Unlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do