VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Full Time - Perm
Undertake effective, compliant and timely delivery of planned and reactive electrical maintenance tasks in Ministry of Defence establishments.
- To work individually or as part of a team undertaking high quality Electrical repairs Testing and or insulation works
- To comply with BS7671 standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implantation and compliance within Electrical policies and procedures.
- Ensure implantation and compliance with company health and safety policies and procedures
- To undertake a continual programme of risk assessment in relation to your role
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the electrical industry.
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins on a monthly bases or as when required.
- Utilise both electronic and paper-based systems to accurately record electrical documentation including the use of materials against each job.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- You will be expected to carry out Electrical conditions reporting, repairs and insulation to the highest standard
- Liaise with Family's, clients and members of VIVO supply chain
- Maintain van stocks and provide information enabling the improvements of Right first-time fixes.
- Be flexible and willing to work shift patterns to cover the appointments
- Cover out of hours on a rota
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements.
- Understand operational priorities of the site, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Assist in the coordination of the day-to-day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain a Security Clearance (SC).
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.