Want to join a company a trusted and reputable company with a broad portfolio of capabilities across the Maritime domain?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK for 5 years.
Working: The role is office/hybrid based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad. Office site presence, anticipated 2-3 days onsite, depending on project needs.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
- Interpretation of system requirements and ability to decompose and flow them down into hardware requirements;
- Conduct Electronics and/or Firmware development activities and reviews, covering full system, sub-system and individual board design/coding;
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the customer, legislative and business requirements;
- Responsible for some level of technical oversight of the engineering activities throughout the project lifecycle;
- Responsible for supporting the team planning and estimation activities at the kick-off of new projects;
- Act as Project Engineering Lead (PEL) and/or Work Package Manager (WPM) on one or more projects;
- To identify and resolve qualification, certification and safety issues;
- Produce project technical documentation, including: Management Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Interface Specifications and Acceptance Tests, Approval of design change requests and concessions;
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior Engineers;
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate;
- Overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing;
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- In-depth experience across the whole project lifecycle as electronics/firmware engineer, from bids and proposals through to in-service support (ideally from within the defence sector).
- Hands-on experience of designing complex systems involving multiple electronics disciplines and understanding of associated challenges / usual pitfalls.
- Successful delivery of reliable solutions to timescale and budget as part of fixed price contracts.
- Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders beyond Electronics Engineering domain (e. Project Management, Systems, Mechanical and Software Engineering) as part of multi-disciplinary project team to resolve issues that arise during the lifespan of a project.
- The Candidate must be capable of acquiring SC clearance as a minimum
Experience in the following would be desirable:
- Exposure to appropriate branch of electronics (g. power/high speed digital/analogue/RF/Sonar)
- Analog and digital technologies,
- Design for EMC, Electrical Safety & Signal Integrity including schematic and PCB layout
- Familiarity with one or more PMRP and ECAD tools;
- Design for manufacture, understanding of full project life cycle.
- Prototyping, test and verification of electronic subsystems at PCB, unit and sub-system level.
- Component selection and an understanding of associated issues to include obsolescence and environmental aspects (REACH, RoHS etc.)
Use of standard office tools and knowledge of engineering tools such as DOORS, ERPs and Configuration Management tools
For full information, please get in touch