Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a company who have been supporting the nuclear industry since its first major expansion in the 1960s?
Join a reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Join a business who provides customers with solutions that give complete, long-term protection and control of safety critical systems.
A trusted and reputable company; who's solutions have been integrated in nearly all of the UK's nuclear sites.
The Electronics Engineering Manager will provide expertise in support of analogue, digital (FPGA) and computer based safety systems. The Electronics Engineering Manager will lead, manage and mentor a team of electronics engineers from requirements through to the design, maintenance and installation of systems and products.
The Electrical and Electronic engineering function supports the hardware development life cycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver electronic or electrical components and sub assemblies into projects and products. Develops plans for their team to ensure optimum use of time and resources. Ensures team performance is aligned and contributes to the overall plans of their area.
- Detailed analysis of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment
- Establish customer solutions and support discussions of the proposed solution(s) with customer representatives to agree the optimum outcome in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment
- Carrying out specified design and development and repair work in own area of competence
- Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site
- Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas
- Produce technical reports, clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after the analysis of the legacy designs
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and drawings as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment
- Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements
- Provide specific technical support to project manager for projects
- Provide a technical lead in specified areas for the team and the company as a whole
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry
- Management and planning, performance and discipline, morale and welfare of domain personnel
- Degree educated in Electronics Engineering or demonstrable industry experience in an electronics design role, including schematic design and PCB layout
- Experience in the definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, electronics racks/cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies
- Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic, including design for EMC
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control
- Ability to gain SC Clearance
- Experience in managing team workloads, providing mentoring, coaching and leadership to other engineers
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader
- Capable of producing good oral and written communications
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Has electronic equipment design or maintenance experience in a regulated industry
- Altium knowledge an advantage
For full information, please get in touch