Guidant Global is working with the UK's busiest airport, who seeks an experienced Employee Relations Manager to provide consistent, compliant, and commercially focused employee relations support to the business.
As an Employee Relations Manager, the successful candidate will play a vital role in applying policy, management coaching, early intervention, and a leadership role in absence management. In addition, implement Heathrow's Employee Relations strategy and focus on colleague engagement.
What you'll get to do as an Employee Relations Manager:
- Performing an excellent part in the leadership of the business's Employee Relations agenda and strategy within a complex and highly unionised environment
- Delivering exceptional outcomes through stakeholder partnership, the provision of related direction, and a strong track record of experience in performance management, reward principles, change management and organisation design
- Principal responsibility for the business's case management plan via the leadership of the ERS advisory team in the timely provision of consistent, compliant, and commercially focused employee relations support to the business.
- Demonstrating excellence in people skills and stakeholder management at all levels of the business, using a high level of emotional intelligence, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a deep understanding of workplace people issues
- Leading consultative activities emanating from proposed changes to the business's structure, ensuring commercial effectiveness in line with employment legislation and desired business outcomes
- Managing highly sensitive Employee Relations cases at the most senior levels of the business.
- Providing training and capability building on specific subject-matter initiatives and developments, including key business learnings
- Acting as one of the business's primary advocates of our compliance agenda and the business's clear standards in respect of conduct and ethics, building key relationships with Legal, Security Compliance and a range of external partners, ensuring the appropriate reporting and management of significant breaches
- Undertaking highly confidential and sensitive employee conduct breach investigations as required
What we're looking for:
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, demanding, high-volume operational environment
- Adept at handling Industrial Relations with proven experience in leading consultation and change programmes for negotiated and non-negotiated environments
- High level of written/oral communications skills, proactive and able to exercise initiative
- Ability to plan workload and meet deadlines
- Self-starter who can work flexibly with high impact and good interpersonal skills
- CIPD or business experience
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.