End User Compute (EUC) Standard Service Technical Lead
Solihull (hybrid - 2 days in the office)
Full Time, Permanent
Up to £60,000 per annum
Here at Serco, we are seeking an experienced End User Compute (EUC) Standard Service Technical Lead who will be responsible for the overall architecture, high level design and engineering configuration of the Managed Mobile Standard Service, working with suppliers and operational teams to continually review the technology currency and deployments to assure fit for purpose and performance. This role works from ideas (from the business), developing the service High level technical solution through the introduction process, gathering and prioritizing business and customer functional and performance requirements and working closely with Operations, Service Management and Partners to deliver business winning services.
As part of this you'll:
- Works with the EUC Standard Service Manager to determine and agree business functional and non-functional expectations by working with the IT Business Partners, the business and specifying the external research needed to obtain market information
- Works with partners/3rd parties and engineering teams to document practically how the technology is designed and deployed for the MMS Standard Service, constantly working with the internal and external teams to improve technical configurations to improve performance
- Provides technical data for MMS Standard Service communications by defining Service Catalogue entries for the technical Architecture, Engineering Design and practical configuration information to support operations and solutions in consuming the services
- Increases adoption of the MMS Standard Service by working with Solutions teams and the IT Directors in the business to develop Technical Design and Functionality to support bids and central/regional operations
- Works with EUC Standard Service - Service Lead and Service Management to support achievement of Service level targets, working with the Service Management, Operational Teams and partners/3rd parties to understand issues, resolve problems and improve performance. Following any performance issues, the Technical Lead is responsible for reviewing the Technical Architecture and Design to identify associated systemic issues and work with Partners/3rd Parties to address these
- Collates MMS Standard Service function usage data and insight by calling on contracts with managed mobile service requirements, evaluating opportunities to assist the contracts further and addressing functional and non-functional issues of existing users
- Provides detailed information for management by preparing short-term and long-term roadmaps covering all technical aspects of the service, working with Solutions and Partners/3rd Parties to improve detail and costings. In addition, they are placed to answer ad-hoc management questions and requests around service performance
- Supports bringing new services into live by analysing proposed functional/non-functional requirements, developing technical architecture options and recommendations, preparing High level Deployment/Configuration Designs and ongoing operational cost models; establishing time schedules with Operations and partners/3rd parties to implement the required technologies, skills and procedures
- Reports on MMS Standard Service technical costs and impact on TCO costing by reviewing 3rd party support costs, internal delivery and operating costs, anticipating volume changes and cost impact within the teams
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by constantly scanning/reviewing the market, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Managed Mobile Service (MMS) knowledge: a detailed knowledge of the Managed Mobile Service (MMS) market, including but not limited to: tablet/mobile devices, Mobile Device management (from Airwatch and Intune from Microsoft), software packaging, OS compliance patching, gold build technologies, CE+ certification standards, imaging tools and remote device repair/replacement services. My Technology currently uses services from Microsoft, HP, DELL, Samsung, Apple, Gamma, O2 and Vodafone as well as specific support services from Microland and Greensafe IT. The role holder would benefit from expertise in MMS service vendors and Microsoft
- Strategic & Innovative thinking: ability to develop long term roadmaps for the service to ensure that it keeps current with the market, sufficiently flexible to move with changing business need and an innovative thinker that can identify opportunities to deploy new technologies or re-use existing technologies in differentiating ways
- People Skills: ability to interact with consumers, IT Directors, Partners/3rd Parties and operational teams on a regular basis as is necessary for the performance of duties. You should possess excellent people skills that facilitate smooth and positive interactions in a matrix environment, that result in the establishment of long-lasting relationships with the business.
- Partner Management skills: You should have experience of working with and actively managing partners/3rd parties, preferably Technical Design and Operations teams delivering the service. The MMS Standard Service - Technical Lead must work with partners/3rd parties to ensure that all Serco processes and policies are applied and adhered to in a timely manner
- Communication Skills: You will require a lot of interaction, especially with Customers and Senior IT Leaders. Interaction also extends to other functional managers as well as other personnel across the business. These cross- functional interactions mostly focus on Technologies, Service Technical Design, and functional/non-functions roadmaps so it is essential that the Technical Lead has strong, collaborative, detailed communication approach.
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement and development won't be hard to find. You'll also work with great people. You'll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we offer:
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.