My client has been at the forefront of delivering corporate and apprenticeship training for over 40 years. Recognized as 'Good' by Ofsted in 2023, they are committed to elevating the standard of training in the Solent region. With a focus on empowering staff to be the very best, they work closely with some of the largest engineering businesses on the South Coast to develop the engineers of the future.
As an Engineering Assessor, you will play a pivotal role in supporting a cohort of apprentices working towards industry-led standards. You will join the specialist Engineering division based at the training centre in Havant and you will spend the majority of your week visiting apprentices in the workplace.
- Confidently explain Apprenticeships to employers and learners, detailing practical terms and expectations.
- Collaborate with employers and learners to develop realistic and achievable learning plans, encompassing both on-the-job and off-the-job training activities.
- Monitor progress, implement corrective strategies if necessary, and maintain a results-driven focus.
- Ensure compliance with government and regulatory standards in the delivery of Apprenticeships.
- Utilize your hands-on engineering experience and training qualifications to support learners effectively.
- Hands-on experience in an engineering role is essential.
- Teaching/Assessing qualification is desirable
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with learners aged 16 and above.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with effective time management.
- Accurate report writing and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work within a government-funded, compliance-based environment.
Full driving license and access to own car is essential for this role as you will be travelling across the region. A DBS check will also be required for this role.
What my client offers:
- Competitive salary from £35K
- 34 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays).
- Attractive pension with employer contributions.
- Permanent contract
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm working hours
- No shift work or weekend working hours
- Free onsite parking.
- Mileage at 45p per mile
- Fantastic discounts with Perkbox.
- Salary sacrifice scheme.
- World-class training and personal development opportunities.
How to Apply: If you have the passion, drive, and expertise to make a difference in the field of Learning and Development Coaching, we want to hear from you. Pleases send your CV to Katharine Winter at Barclay Meade.