Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to work for a successful business, who develop advanced specialist systems to deliver warfighting edge in the modern maritime and underwater battlespace?
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
The Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
The Systems Engineering and Engineering Management function provides expertise to all projects through the bid and full development lifecycle. It ensures that both project and statutory requirements are met and works to improve the effectiveness of the systems design function within the company. It is responsible for the system architecture and integration of the solution. It is responsible for design for cost and design for manufacture.
An individual at this grade leads large teams to input into the plans of the function. Will be responsible for implementing policy and ensuring delivery within area of responsibility, linking with other parts of the function or business. The Engineering Manager, will lead a multi-disciplinary Customer Facing team to successfully execute engineering activities within the Through Life Support business pillar, which supports our in-service maritime projects and programmes.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering engineering activities to time, cost and quality across all engineering aspects; providing engineering leadership to the multi-disciplinary project team; ensuring solutions meet their requirements / are fit for purpose; and providing technical governance to other programs as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Candidate must be capable of acquiring security clearance
- Experience of Management of Engineering projects
- Delivery to Defence customers, including design and qualification to military standards
- Engineering management of a multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver complex solutions
- Mange and drive the requirement and acceptance activities to achieve contract sign-off
- Support the project design reviews (System, Preliminary and Critical Design Phases) for multiple programs
- Technical management of subcontractors
- Supervised Integration, Verification and Validation activities
- Knowledge of System Engineering lifecycles
- Supervise an interdisciplinary team and manage the perspectives of disciplines
- A team-oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals
- Strong communication skills; positive attitude
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable, and attentive to details
- Willing to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Maritime domain experience
For full information, please get in touch!