Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
"Great company with wide and varied opportunities, lots of interesting projects and very talented people to learn from and grow from" Dec 2021 *Glassdoor review
"Dynamic, Agile company with good career opportunities" July 2021 *Glassdoor review
This is a great opportunity to join a established business as a Senior / Engineering Project Manager delivering complex system integration projects.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Previous Senior Project/Programme Management experience, ideally gained in an engineering environment
- You will be an adaptable, tenacious plate-spinner
- Proven ability to build and develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent Excel skills
- You will take a hands-on approach to your work
You will hold one of the following formal project management qualifications:
- APM Certificated Project Manager (CPM)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PMI Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Proven track record for delivering complex system integration projects
- Managing cross functional teams, both internally and externally
- High value sub-contractor management
- Project manage activities and undertake tasks as directed by the business
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the assigned project(s), leading the project team to deliver within timescales and budgets.
- Financial forecasting and performance monitoring, i.e. Earned Value Management (EVM), Cost of Sales (CoS), Estimates at Completion (EACs), Gross Margin (GM) and Invoicing / Cash flow.
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Organise, plan and progress, monitor and report on all aspects of the allocated project (technical, timescales, cost and risk)
- Effective co-ordination of change control and claim management in accordance with NEC4 contracting terms (preferred)
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance - this includes providing effective leadership and taking appropriate action where team performance deviates.
- Manage the interface with the Customer and key suppliers
- Represent the Company at meetings (internal and external) and provide minutes and/or reports as required.
- Ensure that all communications from the project team, both verbal and written, are clear, unambiguous and correctly routed.
- Prepare and contribute to bids as required, including generating technical proposals and cost estimates within agreed (often-short) timescales.
For full information, please get in touch!