Salary: Competitive - depending on experience
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group is one of the UK's leading environmental risk reduction businesses. We protect the environment and our clients by making them stronger, more resilient and compliant. We believe that environmental protection and a strong business go hand in hand. OHES Environmental Ltd, part of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Our approach is customer focused, creating and assembling product bundles designed to solve the environmental and business problems specific to our customers. We focus on providing our customers with tailored and relevant services to best support their needs. In order to provide these market leading services, we need innovative and forward-thinking experts, coming from a broad range of environmental disciplines.
The Environmental Consultant Role:
Due to expansion in the region and an increasing customer base, we are now recruiting for Environmental Consultants to join our Environmental Claims Management team based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. . The post holder will utilise their technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy, to carry out environmental investigation, assessment, reporting, validations and project management of environmental insurance claims. The role will be home based, attending site and offices as required. The post holder will have close supervision and mentoring from Senior consultants and the Regional Manager. Key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role include:
* Project management of insurance claims, with close support / training from the regional team and finance, technical and training divisions.
* Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with the scope of works.
* Liaise with site staff, homeowners and contractors prior to site visits.
* Site investigation design.
* Supervise site investigations, remediation works and validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
* Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
* Report health and safety incidents, near misses and positive observations to the Project Manager and Health and Safety Manager.
* Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* Prepare desk study reports, including undertaking PRAs.
* Prepare interpretive site investigation reports - with close support from Line Manager.
* Prepare site validation reports - with close support from Line Manager.
* Perform other duties for which the post holder is capable and qualified to undertake as required by ECM and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
* Control and take responsibility for project financials.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
* The post holder will also be required to undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits on works carried out by others and to provide constructive feedback on the outcome of these inspections.
* Writing high standard reports which are technically sound and commercially focused.
Environmental Consultant Requirements:
* A degree in a relevant earth science, or geo-environmental