Key Accountabilities and duties will include:
- Work is allocated from managerial levels and technical guidance is available.
- Task is achieved by thorough understanding of the requirements of Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMR&C), import/export and internal procedures and customer requirements concerning the movement of tobacco and other Portfolio products.
- Ability to develop appropriate solutions/approaches in identifying and resolving problems.
- Recognised proficiency in some regulations and procedures concerning the movement of tobacco and other Portfolio products to include those covered by Dangerous Goods products
- Work conducted using principles of 'Best Practice'.
- Continual Improvement: support the development of new working procedures, methods or working practices for management approval as a result of a problem or challenges defined by management, guidance from Technical Specialists is available.
- Support/contribute to the generation of external reports and audit records/findings, publications, and presentations.
- Identify and suggest changes to operating procedures and working practices for subsequent approval.
- Maintains awareness of technical and regulatory developments relevant to their duties for business or self-improvements.
The individual chosen will need to plan their daily/weekly workload to ensure project delivery is achieved on time as well as within budget whilst adhering to EH&S policies and procedures.
Suitable candidates will be able to provide evidence of Professional/academic achievement in a relevant subject area up to 1st degree level or equivalent. Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.
Relevant technical experience resulting in a thorough knowledge of HMR&C and Dangerous Goods regulatory requirements, import/export and internal procedures is required as well as background/understanding of import/export regulations across a global landscape.
Initially this position is expected to be for 6 months with a strong likelihood of extension beyond this.
35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
£13.20 per hour (PAYE)
£17.92 per hour (Umbrella / Inside IR35)