VIVO, a 50:50 joint venture between Serco and EQUANS, has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
VIVO embodies both experience and innovation. It combines Serco's comprehensive track record delivering engineering, technical and FM services to the UK MOD for over 55 years with EQUANS' market leading FM, energy, asset optimisation and regeneration capabilities.
Location: Home Based - (Some Infrequent Travel To Sites Required)
Term: Fixed Term (Until Dec 2023, Covering Maternity Leave) - Full Time
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p.a +Company Car/Allowance + Bonus
An exciting new opportunity to be a key interface between operations and finance, the finance manager is there to support VIVO business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth, providing dedicated commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, improving shareholder value.
- Working with business units and departments to establish what an 'effective business partner' is, and what is expected from the relationship between finance and the rest of the business.
- Ownership of a subset of management accounts (portfolio) within VIVO's overall remit, with a key role in preparation of monthly reports for management information and decision making.
- Undertake annual budget and target setting exercises, underpinned with periodic rolling forecasting, informed by budget holders and supported with information and experience gleaned from successful business partnering.
- Creation and development of KPIs and management reporting mechanisms built from the data available within the current system set up, along with ability to ensure that data collected within the systems is appropriate and accurate for effective decision making.
- Continuous review of operational performance through financial performance and related KPIs to provide understanding of profitability and strategic delivery with a view to maximising commercial success and minimising financial risk.
- Active role in regular review of risks and opportunities arising from commercial and operational activities; working with business leads to mitigate and maximise as required and highlighting where to watch.
- Taking a supportive role in the review of annual statutory accounts.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness and compliance of financial records (including balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow and forecasts) that are produced for VIVO Defence, particularly in relation to the portfolio assigned to the business partner.
- Effective partnership with financial stakeholders including shareholders, external auditors, tax advisors and regulatory bodies as required from time to time.
- Establish, monitor, challenge and ultimately act when necessary to ensure that VIVO operates with the highest levels of financial control and integrity.
- Ensure group reporting requirements are met and in line with group deadlines.
- Provision of ad hoc analyses as required for business evaluation and strategy planning.
- An active participant in varying projects, bids and change programmes arising across the business, as required from time to time, including support for business cases and submissions.
- Continuous process improvement; working to drive business efficiencies through automation and effective review of controls.
- Development and effective management of any direct reports, to meet business needs, provide opportunities for personal development and to add value to VIVO Defence.
What you'll need to do the role:
- A relevant professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent); candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Ability to traverse the detail of the portfolio within immediate remit of the role, without losing sight of the overall strategic position for VIVO Defence.
- Strong technical ability and experience of accounting under IFRS.
- Confident individual with commercial and strategic awareness, ability to communicate with influence and question and challenge where needed.
- Experience of delivering effective budget setting and forecasting outcomes.
- Prior business partnering experience.
- Prior experience in a Defence/Asset Management setting preferred.
- Strong excel user able to manipulate and present complex data concisely.
- Experience of SAP systems and interfaces valuable but not essential, however ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new systems will be key.
The role will be predominantly home-based, with the option to work in office locations available if convenient or preferred. The ability to travel to various locations locally and sometimes nationally will be required. Flexible working will also be considered. The role within VIVO also requires a minimum level of security clearance.
VIVO Defence Services
The role you have applied for is with VIVO Defence Services, a joint venture between Serco and EQUANS. By applying for this role, please be aware that information contained within your CV may be shared between VIVO Defence Services, Serco and EQUANS during the recruitment process.
At VIVO, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. Therefore, we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool.
We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working and operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident Employer. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. If candidates wish to request extra time to apply then they should contact 0345 010 4000 and ask to speak to a VIVO Recruiter.