West Midlands - Remote Based
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance
The role will work with the Interim Financial Controller to ensure that VIVO complies with all legislative and regulatory financial reporting (including but not limited to) the production of statutory accounts under IFRS, VAT, CIS, PSA, Class 1NI, PAYE, NI corporation tax, Treasury, external audit, shareholder reporting, shareholder loan obligations, dividends and other similar corporate matters.
This role will also manage the P2P team and play a pivotal role in managing and reporting of VIVO's cashflow. It will also oversee external audits and work closely with the Senior FBP on ensuring that the financial control environment is robust and appropriate.
In the interim, this role will report into the Financial Controller role, but ultimately it is envisaged this role will report directly into the Head of Finance.
- Produce statutory financial reports and annual accounts in line with statutory reporting deadlines.
- Work with legal to ensure compliance with Companies House and other regulatory bodies.
- Support the Financial Controller by playing a significant role in the management and co-ordination of external audits and supporting shareholder financial audits as necessary.
- Treasury Management including management of supplier payments team and production of regular cashflow forecasts, also incorporating a good knowledge of billing cycles and cash receipts.
- Maintain the fixed asset register, ensuring appropriate governance for the signing off on asset purchases and application of appropriate depreciation policies.
- Ensure completion and submission of VAT returns in conjunction with our outsourced service providers, SBS.
- Support the Financial Controller in engaging and co-ordinating external advisory experts in matters such as taxation, statutory accounts, pensions, and other technical matters.
- Control of costs associated with new bids and mobilisation and ensuring accounting and allocation to contracts is applied appropriately.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are being carried out and any action taking to resolve and anomalies or errors.
- Ensure all payroll control accounts are reconciled and that our outsourced service providers are amending any errors.
- Work with the Senior FBP to ensure that the suite of financial processes is maintained and that financial controls are appropriate and consistently applied.
- Work with the business to improve processes and controls
- Ensure accounting across VIVO remains in line with IFRS and provide guidance to the business and Business Partners as required.
- Manage the P2P (Purchase to Pay) team driving efficiency and accuracy whilst developing the team and individuals to improve effectiveness and value add.
- Consider the end to end P2P processes, supporting the Senior FBP and the Head of Supply Chain to drive process improvements.
- Work with the rest of the finance team, and the procurement team, to review the effectiveness of the offshore model and resources, looking for opportunities to drive process and cost efficiency.
- Development and effective management of any direct reports, to meet business needs, provide opportunities for personal development and to add value to VIVO Defence.
- A relevant professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong technical ability and experience of accounting under IFRS.
- Confident individual with the ability to communicate with influence and question and challenge where needed.
- Able to engage with a wide variety of external stakeholders, projecting professionalism and competence, and representing VIVO finance and VIVO systems in a positive manner.
- Strong excel user able to manipulate and present complex data concisely.
- Experience of SAP systems and interfaces, however ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new systems will be key.
- Strong understanding of P2P processes.
- Genuine and authentic, able to motivate and manage a small remote team.
Location will be flexible, with a mixture of home working and a regular requirement for travel (weekly) within the UK to support VIVO Leadership, the teams this role manages, and meet customer and business needs. The ability to flex this pattern, sometimes on short notice, is essential.