With change happening quicker and quicker, our clients community focused, data-driven strategies continue to evolve to create sustainable future environments.
Focusing on Financial investments and IP they deliver solutions through development and investment projects and their management.
Day to day responsibility for the finance management function relating to group (the group entities and all managed property-owning vehicles). You will interact closely with colleagues and external stakeholders.
The core responsibility of the role is the management and supervision of a team of 4 direct reports, as well as the financial control and reporting for the Group; including
* The quantitative element of all investor reporting, including quarterly management accounts;
* Management and supervision of the finance team;
* Financial control for the Group of companies, investments and projects to include liaising with third parties such as property managers, banks, accountants and suppliers;
* Revenue and expense management for all projects;
* Continuous appraisal of project returns and promote positions;
* Responsibility for maintenance and development of portfolio analysis information
* Overseeing the day to day relationships with the accounts function of all property managers;
* Project accounting where required;
* Advising of and continual improvement of appropriate financial control processes, systems and infrastructure in order to support the current operations and future aspirations of the business;
* Bank reporting and compliance;
* Preparation and review of annual financial statements for Groups entities;
* All corporate and financial matters (legals, accounts, VAT, income tax, audit, treasury);
* Keeping abreast of all relevant industry developments and networking to promote yourself and the business within the sector.
Working closely with the Head of Finance you will:
* Monitor all investments in projects;
* Provide forward looking budget based on current and potential business streams; and
* Assist in the preparation of analysis, statistics and marketing material as part of fund raising efforts.
In order to develop and encourage your wider commercial experience you will be encouraged to support colleagues in:
* Assessing potential transactions;
* Analysing the impact of potential acquisitions on portfolio performance.
* Assisting on acquisitions/sales;
* Arranging debt financing;
* Critical assessment of investment projects as part of ongoing asset management projects (e.g. extensions and refurbishments); and
* Presenting your views to colleagues, investors and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have the following core skills. They will be a qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) who is confident with decent systems and working knowledge. It will be preferable if they are a strong user of Xero or SageL50 and a minimum of intermediate Excel skills level. i.e. able to summarise and analyse data, and create robust working papers.
Ideally they will be from a similar Real Estate company with experience in retail property management desirable. They will also be motivated and a self-starter who shows initiative.
They will have an aptitude for, and enjoyment of, problem solving
with an ability to work independently.
Strong accounting background with real knowledge and understanding of accounting principles. Numerate with excellent attention to detail and able to demonstrate good critical thinking
They will be able to communicate at all levels within the business, and with external parties.