Fleet Administrator Apprentice
Full Time, Permanent
£17,680 per annum
Here at Serco, we are seeking an Apprentice Administrator to provide the necessary, competent administrational support to the Fleet Department. To provide the administrational support in the effective management of all Serco internal Fleet Department requirement and operational/administration requirements.
As part of this you'll:
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of the fleet data in Fleet Management System (FMS): Vehicles on and off fleet, Enter and maintain pool/job need vehicle orders, Cash vehicles, Driver grade/entitlement.
- Ordering of Fuel Cards and correctly entered on FMS against the correct vehicle/driver or contract if bearer card.
- Management of all Fuel/Mileage issues & complaints.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is scanned and attached to the records on FMS.
- Create exports and imports out of and into the system depending on information requirements.
- Regular housekeeping of all Fleet data and management checks to ensure accurate data held.
- Ensure any leavers, promotions or demotions are corrected in FMS.
- Processing of MOT data into FMS & creation of monthly & quarterly MOT reporting for vehicles.
- Manage additions & removals on the Motor Insurance Database.
- Processing of Owned vehicle on/off FMS and processing V5s.
- Payment & Entering Vehicle Fines into FMS.
- Reporting of Monthly Fine Data for Divisions & Payroll.
- Interaction with internal/external parties.
- Telephone/email support for queries.
- Maintain relationship with Toll providers, ensuring credit on accounts, processing all charges back to the correct contracts by journal, ensuring vehicles are added or removed timely.
- Daily reports to update all vehicle/driver changes for SAP.
- Processing fleet data e.g. Weekly pre-lease hire report, Ad Hoc Hires, owned vehicles and updating FMS.
- Adhoc reports for Team Managers and contracts where required/requested.
- Developing ways to improve our working methods and processes to ensure we always provide the best service possible.
- Management of Operator Licence vehicles on FMS and Traffic Commissioner site and providing reports for Audits.
- FMS Superuser.
- Analysis of 3rd party invoicing & internal recharge
- Collating monthly P11D data
- Monthly Internal recharge inc but not exhausting, Employee training & Licence Checks
- Analysing monthly fuel card spend and recorded mileage for Payroll report
- Preparing monthly Cash allowance for payroll
- Consolidating PCN & Refuelling charges for monthly payroll deductions
What you'll need to do the role:
- Basic use of Microsoft applications but not restricted to, Outlook, Excel, Word Power point.
- Confident in Communication.
- Basic understanding of administration responsibilities.
- Use of various IT Programs & 3rd party external portals
- GSCE in Maths and English, C or above
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
We see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates. We're a proud holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard and we actively encourage applications from females, those with disabilities or from an ethnic minority background.