Facility Management Consultant
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire a Facility Management Consultant and is working on ambitious projects in KSA. We drive operational and cost efficiency on key services through process improvement, innovation and transforming citizen experience.
The hiring for this role is subject to contract award.
The FM Consultant will formulate part of a team that will have an overall responsibility for the delivery of consultancy services across the project. The Client has requested the services of a qualified consultancy team to provide advisory / strategic consultancy services in the development of their Facilities Management Plan across their numerous and variety of assets. Serco will be delivering consultancy services as well as deliverables for a range of Facilities Management studies, models, RFPs, etc.,
The Reason for the Role
In line with the wider group strategy, the contract will be the key catalyst in growing Serco's reputation and involvement with a high-profile client in KSA. The consultancy team's role and specifically the FM Consultant's role is to support the Project Manager by providing subject matter expertise in FM and delivery of Serco's contractual obligations by ensuring the successful implementation of deliverables set forth
- Lead the development, global best practice benchmarking and production of facility management procedures and standards as well as scope of works, specifications in terms of both hard and soft services
- Provide facility management subject matter expertise
- Support the matrixed organization in the effective delivery of complex contract deliverables across O&M practice, by holistically integrating facility management thought leadership
- Produce evidence-based research into facility management processes and systems
- Engage and maintain close working relationships within the client in order to optimize O&M best practices
- Assisting the Serco's Consultancy team with their implementation by providing understanding of the desired standards as SME on O&M elements such as:
- Post Maintenance Testing (including routine acceptance criteria).
- System-Engineering Programmes over critical systems life cycles.
- Equipment/ Tool Control (including control, use, storage, scheduling and safety), and Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE)
- Configuration Management (including a change control process).
- Standardized Grounds and Landscaping schedules and templates.
- Facility Management (FM), that address facility safety, surveillances and inspections, seasonal planning and customer service.
- Emergency Management, that address preparedness, drills and action plans for emergencies.
- Space, Energy, and Cleaning Management.
- Procurement processes for goods and services in support of O&M.
- Develop, review and amend procedures and processes
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- 15 years minimum experience in related field on national / international major initiatives and developments.
- Recognized expertise in assigned field.
- Record of engagement with a wide range of stakeholders
- Expert in development and implementation of best practice standards and processes.
- Extensive experience of working internationally (preference for Middle East / KSA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of instituting continuous improvement and change management
- Previous Consulting/ Advisory experience preferred
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise (and where appropriate accreditation) across the following elements of O&M:
- Maintenance Planning/ Work Control
- Operating Procedures Development
- Post Maintenance Testing
- Systems Engineering Programming
- Equipment and Tool Control (Measurement and Testing)
- Configuration Management
- Grounds and Landscaping Management
- Facility Management (Hard & Soft Services)
- Emergency Management
- Space Management
- Energy Management
- Janitorial / Cleaning Procedure Definition
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering in engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Further degree/ qualifications preferred
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We take pride in what we do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.