HMP Fosse Way - Leicestershire
Permanent, Full time, 40 hours
£29,000.00 a year
- Responsible for the upkeep of the grounds at HMP Fosse Way.
- Provide horticulture tutoring and supervision to prisoners.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work to tight timescales.
- Ability to prioritise workload, working in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally (including good telephone manner).
- To carry out all duties assigned to him in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and local regulations.
- To ensure that various pre planned maintenance schedules in relation to your area of responsibility are kept up to date and maintained as may be required.
- Experience in working in a security environment.
- To carry out other duties that may be delegated to him from time to time, but which fall within ability, experience, and training.
- To operate machine tools safely and according to training of installed equipment within the works service workshops.
- To carry out all duties assigned in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and local regulations.
- To maintain records of tools and report as required.
- To escort contractors around the site as and when required as per written instructions.
Essential qualifications & Additional/special features of the role:
- Appropriately qualified having served a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent trade-based qualification.
- Flexible and proactive with a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement to working approach.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Additional/special features of the role:
- The role is a key supporting function in the challenging environment of a secure establishment
Staff at Serco are required to:
- Identify health, safety and environmental hazards within their working environment and understand how such concerns must be reported and dealt with.
- All incidents must be immediately reported to the appropriate delegate or manager as incidents, hazards, impacts, risks or activities are witnessed or perceived.
- Understand and meet where appropriate any legally binding health and safety regulations relevant to the working environment.
- Take an active interest in their own development, understanding and implementation of relevant, necessary or desired practices established by Serco or any legal party relevant to Serco.
- Identify areas where we need to make improvements and prevent further problems.
Equal Employment Opportunities
- All employees are required to be aware of and demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities and cultural sensitivities in the workplace.
- At all times maintain professional boundaries and adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct and local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate alignment to Serco Governing Principles acting as a role model to colleagues, managers, visitors and stakeholders
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package