FM Training and Development Supervisor
HMP Fosse Way - Leicestershire
Permanent, Full time, 40 hours
£30,000.00 a year
- To supervise Prisoner Facilities Operatives undertaking daily maintenance tasks.
- To maintain training and development records for all prisoners and apprentices.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Head of FM
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work to tight timescales.
- Ability to prioritise workload, working in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally (including good telephone manner).
- Carry out all duties assigned in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and local regulations.
- Supervision of prisoner maintenance team.
- Maintain an accurate training database.
- Ensure all training is in date or in progress.
- Ensure that staff are aware of any training booked on their behalf.
- Ensure that various schedules are kept up to date and maintained as may be required.
- Carry out other duties that may be delegated to them from time to time, but which fall within their ability, experience and training.
- Operate machine tools safely and according to their training.
- Carry out all duties assigned to them in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and the local regulations.
- Maintain records of tools and report this as required
Essential qualifications & Additional/special features of the role:
- Appropriately qualified having served a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent trade-based qualification.
- Flexible and proactive with a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement to working approach.
- Good interpersonal skills
Staff at Serco are required to:
- Identify health, safety and environmental hazards within their working environment and understand how such concerns must be reported and dealt with.
- All incidents must be immediately reported to the appropriate delegate or manager as incidents, hazards, impacts, risks or activities are witnessed or perceived.
- Understand and meet where appropriate any legally binding health and safety regulations relevant to the working environment.
- Take an active interest in their own development, understanding and implementation of relevant, necessary or desired practices established by Serco or any legal party relevant to Serco.
- Identify areas where we need to make improvements and prevent further problems.
Equal Employment Opportunities
- All employees are required to be aware of and demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities and cultural sensitivities in the workplace.
- At all times maintain professional boundaries and adhere to the Serco Code of Conduct and local policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate alignment to Serco Governing Principles acting as a role model to colleagues, managers, visitors and stakeholders
Meaningful and vital work - The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity - Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people - You'll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer:
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A safe and supportive culture
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco Benefits package