FPGA Designer - DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
Type: 12 month initial contract
A vacancy for a high-speed Digital Signal Processing FPGA design engineer has arisen in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will join the Earth Observation, Science and Navigation business line (ENS) and will be working within a team utilizing the latest development tools and exploiting advanced FPGA products from Xilinx and Atmel, on state-of-the art developments for a new space-borne environmental radar satellite for the European Space Agency, ESA.
Task & accountabilities : Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Analyse all relevant requirements and perform high speed, robust FPGA designs for Space application using VHDL on Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale and/or Actel target devices
· Perform analyses and maintain budgets to confirm compliance to requirements taking into account environmental factors and margins.
· Develop and implement verification strategies, test benches, plans and procedures to ensure adequate verification and validation of performance.
· Prepare documentation in compliance with ECSS requirements on ASIC and FPGA development: ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C.
· Prepare and present oral and written information in clear and concise form for formal project reviews, and customer progress meetings.
· Participate in hardware testing and debugging with embedded firmware.
Skills, background, education / qualifications: We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
· Proven track record of successful high speed DSP design and firmware development targeting advanced Xilinx FPGAs or similar, and integration of complex FPGAs and digital boards.
· Experience in use of Mentor graphics tools including Signal & Power Integrity analysis,
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary systems engineering environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form, for presentation internally and to customers.