Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
Important: Due to the nature of the role, all candidates will need to be prepared to undertake DV clearance and therefore as a minimum be living in the UK 10 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Want to Join a business who's capabilities address the highest classification levels of High Grade and Type 1 National Security, across a growing and thriving sector?
A reputable business who, have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
Brand new site for 2023! Onsite Café, Free parking, Table Tennis and more!
Full range of company benefits, flexible working, training, development and clear career progression!
- Perform requirements analysis, requirements derivation from system level to firmware level requirements and architecture.
- Apply best and pragmatic practices to FPGA firmware design under the direction of the lead firmware engineer.
- Implement FPGA firmware modules and ensure that modules adhere to the project's requirements and firmware group's library policies for module reuse, coding standards, project development standards and security aspects.
- Review and understand requirements to produce firmware test specifications including module and full FPGA design test specifications.
- Ensure test procedures and processes are compatible with the project and firmware groups continuous integration systems.
- Undertake integration activities with software and hardware, requiring developing knowledge of both of these transversal domains.
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques that support quality and innovation and make the firmware development more efficient and effective.
- Actively contribute to defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Contribute to customer facing meetings through document preparation, presentations and participation in meetings
- Estimate time and effort required for firmware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Review technical proposals, and assists with providing accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual to ensure compliance with Government regulations.
- Define, architect, design, develop, document and test FPGA firmware as part of our 20 strong firmware engineering team.
- Delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject or equivalent experience
- Experience of FPGA module design and implementation
- Thorough experience of using Xilinx, Lattice, Altera or Microsemi FPGAs and their associated development tool chains
- Experience of FPGA firmware testing, test tools and design for test
- Ability to read, interpret and understand hardware schematics
- Experience of version control, change control and bug tracking tools and systems
- Experience of/exposure to best practice firmware development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of/exposure to continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks
- Exposure to coding standards for defence, space or air worthiness techniques and standards such as MISRA
- Experience of DOORS and Enterprise Architect
For full information, please get in touch: