Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Front End Software Engineer/Developer to work in a highly collaborative way to drive efforts to create, build, support and improve our frontend client software working closely with the product and engineering teams with lots of exciting new challenges.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Front End Software Engineer/Developer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Want to know more?
- You'll have a "can-do" attitude, capability of bootstrapping projects, and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle.
- You'll build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- You'll find and address performance issues.
- You'll participate in design and code reviews.
- You'll collaborate with the product/design team to iterate the design function and implement the products
- You'll Collaborate with Backend and DevOps Engineers to build features and experiments
- You'll be a core contributor to ensure good quality and engineering practices are followed in accordance will engineering transformation strategy reporting to Lab Engineering Lead.
What we are looking for
- A 'teammate' who can build relationship and work productively with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
- Someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Identify general improvements and implement front-end standard methodologies.
- At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want
And as for your skills?
We'll need you to have four (or more) of these technologies:
- React Native - 2 years' experience
Experience on Front-End test automation
- Familiarity with server-side REST APIs
- Rest/JSON - 6 years' experience
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies - 10+ years' experience
- Cross Browser - 6 years' experience
- Design & UX - 6 years' experience
- GIT, test automation & CI - 8+ years' experience
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...