Our client is working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join them, you can play your part as a Frontend Developer at their Bristol Technology Centre site.
As an international defence company, our client supports and enhances their customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Frontend Developer role is based within our cleints' Mission Systems business area.
Or client is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. They have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet their customers' needs.
The difference our new Frontend Developer will make
As a Frontend Developer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team to develop software capabilities.
Day to day, you'll focus on the addition of new features to the product, with assistance in:
* Contributing to the design and development of the product and adding new functionality
* Analysing and fixing bugs
* An opportunity to help shape the design and architecture as the software matures
* Performing software releases, updates, and deployment activities
Our client has a history of helping talent go far. With their track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
our client offers flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements.
* Experience of a modern UI framework such as Vue.js, React or Angular, preferably Vue.js
* Experience writing automated UI tests, preferably using Cypress or Jest
* An understanding of three-tier web application software architecture and REST+JSON
* Experience of working in a team using Agile Software Engineering best practices
* Experience using a modern IDE
What Our Client Offers
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Their Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, our client has helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, they must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with their people and their shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way our clients team works, but also their efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, their ambitions are big, but together, they can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
Our client is proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, our client provides up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Do you agree to our terms & conditions & privacy statement?
Receive updates & notifications from Ex-MilitaryCareers.com