This new role is for the position of Functional Safety Manager within the Machine Learning Engineering Group. You will be the safety authority for Machine Learning products, working on both hardware and software technologies.
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of the Arm Machine Learning group, and be at the forefront of advanced machine learning IP products for the consumer, embedded and automotive markets.
The primary market requiring high levels of functional safety is automotive however this is expected to broaden in the near future as the adoption of ML extends into new markets. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to drive this adoption of machine learning.
Arm has a well-established process around functional safety for hardware, but is still developing around software, and therefore you will have deep functional safety software experience.
What will you be accountable for?
You will own the functional safety activities within the ML group, including:
- Execution of Arm functional safety process and management of the safety related work-products for Machine Learning engineering.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to the engineering and project management teams.
- Leading the interactions with our customers and 3rd parties for safety related activities.
- Establishing standard methodologies, tools and practices to enable efficient application and adoption of safety processes.
- Being the review authority for the safety work products and will oversee the assessment and audit activities.
- Fostering the safety culture within the organisation and build training plans to develop the team.
- Working with the Engineering Directors across the group and collaborating with the other safety authorities across the engineering community.
What skills, experience, and qualifications will you need?
- You have confirmed experience with managing programmes that follow ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508, IEC 61511, EN 5012X, DO-254, DO-178C safety standards.
- You have experience with developing functional safety processes and documentation, in particular for software products and tools.
- Certification as a functional safety professional and/or assessor is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience with the design of semiconductor IP, processing units, or software is desirable.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.